Used 2003 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 589 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Best Car I've Ever Owned!
By energist

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought the car new in 2003 and it's been great. I see many complaints about gas mileage, but mine averages 49 MPG with snow tires on. This has been the most trouble free and economical car I've ever owned, and it's fun to drive.

Great gas mileage, reliablilty and low maintenance costs.

Best Car I Ever Owned
By techgromit

2003 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I owned my 2003 Honda Civic LX for 8 years now, it's given me the least amount of problems compared to every other car I ever owned. True it's also the first new car I ever owned, but I've has far more problems with other used cars with less mileage. Parts last longer than other cars I've owned, from tires, to struts to breaks, they all need to be replaced less often, at least that's been my experience. The transmission does slip a little when it cold out until the car is warmed up, replacing the transmission fluid twice did little to improve it, but so long as I let the car warm up before doing any drag races, it runs fine.

The way a Honda should be
By honda4311

2003 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

The seashore mist metallic coupe now has 120,000+ miles on it and still runs great.
It uses a negligable amount of oil, and the oil stays clean between the changes.
I just changed all of the belts, thermostat, plugs, brake rotors, and tires.
The car runs like new except for a little belt screach when it's cold and/or wet.
I'm really anticipating getting 200,000+ out of this car.
My wife however, not so lucky.
A 2002 Honda Accord SE with the same mileage riddled with oil consumption problems (1/2 quart week) and a transmission that is holding on for dear life.

Easy to work on, great fit & finish, awesome gas mileage (ave. 34mpg). Everything I need, and nothing I don't.

Not even going to say more power. I understand that power and fuel economy do not go hand-in-hand.

GREAT CAR
By texashonda

2003 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I think it's great. I bought a used 2003 4dr Lx with 119,000. And it works great and drives smooth...( Although I did notice my Transmisson stick was loose found out it was pretty common no biggy cost $15 at Honda.. **** I also feel a slight slip in the Trans but maybe im not use to it the Trans shifting ****

Basic and all you need for a great price... A to B car...

Make the Transmisson stronger to last longer...

Honda is the Best
By hondaisbest3

2003 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I have been told million times how good Hondas are.
I have experienced it myself now.
I purchased 2003 Honda Civic in 2004, It has been 7 years now with 172,000 mileage and this CAR still runs like brand new.
Civics just don't break.
I have been driving this car ALOT but still it's really good. NO serious/Major Problems.
After driving Honda Civic, I will never ever think of buying anything but Honda.
All my friends who purchased Fords had too many engine & transmission problems with their cars.
Honda is the Best.