Used 2003 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 589 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

All right at first
By zach

2003 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This car was all right at first, just a little vibration due to a loose motor mount. The transmission went out 5 months later and it's broken beyond repair is what I was told. It'll total 3 grand for a new one and I need to shell out cash for worn left and right bushings, a leaky cv boot, and a new motor mount. Don't bother buying unless you can get it from dealer under warranty.

V-tech engine, clear tweeters, moonroof, interior style

Put in a decent tranny!

Long live the si
By si lover

2003 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been great! I've driven it for a few years now and I'm ready to buy a new one. The handling is great on cornering with the right tires. Acceleration isn't amazing, but hey it's a 4 banger. The only complaint is the cost to repair. Nobody has parts and most people don't even know what kind of car it is. If you're a young kid and you want something with low maintenance and fun to drive this is it. Or if you live in a city it's so easy to park. Great little car! Owning this car has made my wife and I Honda enthusiasts.

The seats, the hatchback, Steering wheel, sunroof, tone of the exhaust, handling, cup holders.

Acceleration, six-speed please, More aggressive body style, a little better handling, release the v-tech a bit sooner in RPMs.

My Little Honda!!
By Angie-lou

2003 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

My Little Honda and I have been on several road trips together and we have both survived!! She is a beauty and she is fun to drive. Her small size and get up and go helps me maneuver in and out of traffic very efficiently. Right now, she is at about 120,000 and is doing great!!

my sunroof is wonderful and the interior dash lights. They are blue and everyone that sees them comments about them.

a softer and more plush driver's seat.

Great on gas & safety, poor quality
By eric

2003 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is the most uncomfortable car on the market; the seats are small and hard. The arm rests are rock hard. I've run into many quality issues such as the body metal is so thin, it wrinkles and dents almost if a bug hit it.

Gas mileage and safety rating.

More comfortable seats please!

Transmission Overhaul Needed at 78k
By kmn

2003 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I haven't had any problems with this car until last month. The automatic transmission started slipping from 3rd to 4th gear and needs a complete overhaul. My car only has 78k miles on it. There is no way it should need a new transmission. The estimate I got from the dealership was around $3000. Stay away from the 2003 Civic! From what I've read, this isn't an isolated incident.