Used 2002 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews - 132 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

The very epidamy Quality and Value
By John Holmes

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I was with my son when he purchased this car back in August of 2002 as a graduation gift for himself. He drove it until November of 2008 putting 50K on it with only scheduled maintenance and a set of tires. When he announced he was going to buy a new car - I told him "Just drive it over to my house and park it in the driveway and let me know how much I owe you." - which he did. I've driven it another 50K with only scheduled maintenance up until this past summer when I decided to buy a new car. But, after changing my mind and deciding to keep it, at 107,000 replaced the water pump and timing belt "just in case" and put a new set of Michelin Defender 90K tires mounted on Konig-Z wheels. Despite the salt they put down on our Michigan roads, it still has no rust any where - I can't afford to let go something this dependable, getting 35+ city and 42+ MPG on the highway. Sure hope I can be so lucky when we actually DO purchase our next car.

Reliable
By Cody

2002 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Have about 200,000 miles on mine with extremely little maintanance. Ac went out a few years back. Other than that it's just been normal small repairs. The car isn't made to hotrod. It's made for reliability and fuel mileage. As long as you don't let the engine overheat you should have no problems with the head gasket. 5 stars

Dollar Value
By Robert

2002 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Great work car.

absolute best car
By medic587

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best car I have ever owned, and I have owned several. I bought it due to the gas mileage and reliability and it has held up its end of the deal. I continually get low 40s MPG. I now have 315,000 miles on it and I have only had to replace an alternator (@ 250k). It still has its original clutch! The only thing I have had to do for this car, besides the alternator, is routine maintenance and put gas in it. I still trust it to get me anywhere.... long or short distance. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this car!

large trunk; roomy passenger area; driver's seat arm rest; excellent gas mileage; handles well

Not a single thing can be improved. The car is absolute perfection.

Paid $4800 5 years ago
By bstern92

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car with 130k on it and it now has 144k(second car). Now that I gave my sister my car, this will be driven a lot more. I really like the exterior and interior design of the coupe. It's sleek and has a crazy amount of room for a coupe. The only complaint is that it doesn't have an armrest, with the storage compartment.
I have replaced the A/C compressor, oxygen sensor, front rotors and brakes, ball joints, control arms, swaybar links, and battery.
All parts were cheap because it's a Honda. I don't hold the repairs against the car because these are all parts expected to go after 11 years. It drives very nice and is comfortable.
My cousin has the same one, with over 230k.

wheels radio