Used 2002 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 337 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

D17a1
By ivan c

2002 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Well this is my first car, and all I have to to say is that it's great. I have only but 10,000 miles on it, and in total it has 49,000 miles on it. The only thing I wish would be better is it's speakers. The stock ones are truly horrible. Over all it is a good car just boring and not great looking.

comfort, reliability.

Better engine, better speakers, better styling.

My Honda Civic 2002 Ex (Automatic)
By Raj

2002 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I love my 2002 Honda Civic Ex. I bought this car about 1 year back and already have put 9000 miles on it. Currently the odometer reads 67000 miles. This is a small beautiful car with a wonderful gas millage. With an automatic transmission I get about 25-26 miles/gallon in the city and 32-35 miles/gallon on the highways. Other than the usual regular scheduled maintenance I the car requires nothing and runs perfectly fine. I changed the battery this winter. The only complain with this car is its poor factory installed audio/speaker system.

Gas millage, handling and steering feeling.

Speakers are weak.

Decent
By Stephen lavelle

2002 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car in December of 09 and i have had it for about a month. The car runs fine, But i am having tons of problems with the cars electrical system, the left side of the dash lights don't turn on. the dome light is broken beyond repair, my seatbelt sticks. the passenger door is hard to open from the inside. but it is a good car and very reliable

sound system

More power

I want to like it...
By Lauren

2002 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I got this car from my Mom, and when she had it she had 0 problems with it. Now that I inherited it, I am having all sorts of problems. Car idles VERY roughly at start, bucks and shudders sometimes while accelerating particularly between 50-60 mph, sometimes hard to accelerate. This problem is intermittent so it's been hard to diagnose and so far no one has been able to fix it. It makes driving the car a huge pain when it's happening. Check engine light has been on for a while now. Always took care of it and brought it in for routine care. Really, really disappointed.

Color, interior

Train your service professionals better. No one knows how to fix this car - and it's not a complicated vehicle!

Best 300,000 miles ever
By jhiscivic

2002 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my civic brand new and will never sell. It has 299,000 miles today and have only replaced front pads, tires, and two alternators. No scheduled maintenance or tune-ups ever done. Change the oil with standard oil every 10,000 miles. Car has been a dream come true. Just wish the new ones were not so over priced.

Reliability, gas mileage