Used 2002 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 337 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Good Car - Not Perfect
By AtTheLake

2002 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Drive train and suspension are rock solid after 135K miles. Great gas mileage. Would buy another, but can't say the car is total nirvana. Had little things go wrong, fuel sender and interior light switch malfunctions at 40K and more usual stuff fail later on, but overall a decent little car.

MPG

Perfect for a 1st time driver
By Smart Wins

2002 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car approx. 3 months after I got my license almost 3 1/2 years ago, and I was smitten when I got behind the wheel. If your a 1st time driver, or a person who just wants a car to drive, and isn't concerned with "fun" driving this car is 100% perfect for you. But for myself, now I want more power, and huge fun factor when I'm driving, so off to the '08 G35x

Awesome gas mileage & great maintenance wise.

Needs better seats. Seats literally have brought me to a chiropractor. Besides that what else can you expect from the Civic that they don't already offer? If you want all the bells and whistles, buy a mid luxury sedan. Again it’s perfect for a 1st time driver.

Pseudo-Ode to My Honda
By Honda Honey

2002 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Civic you were not the best looking, fastest or not even that exciting, but you were dependable and you gave me a lot of miles off one tank of gas. You had to be pushed up even the small hills and the road and wind noise a nuisance, but you made every trip just fine. Your sound system was just there and comfort could have been better, but I still loved you and miss you to this day. But alas I will try something new and more exciting in the near future even though I will never forget you... the one who I could count on to cheerfully start each morning no matter what abuse I dished out.

Gas mileage, dependability, safety (held up well in the accident that totaled it).

Cramped interior (I am 5'2 and size 12... yikes) esp when I have grown up beside me, sound system, plastic wheel covers (do they qualify as hub caps), better brakes and better get and go (weakest 4 cylinder I ever had).

Very impressed
By phillyg_16

2002 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my civic w/ 105k miles and have put 50k miles on it since. I love it. It handles very well in the snow (we get lots in MI), and gets great mileage (an average of 32 city & hwy). It's been very reliable. It blows my mind that it has 155k miles on it and it still drives like it's new. Plus, I put 12 gallons of gas in it and it takes me 400 miles.

5 spd transmission

The seatbelts don't lock very well and the steering wheel is starting to disintegrate. Also, the fabric on the doors and roof is coming unglued (but hey, it is 7 years old).

Near Best of the Best
By Paul

2002 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned 3 Honda's before this one, and this one tops them all. I bought this EX used and it has not had one single engine problem in 1 year. I am 5'11'' and it fits me like glove in front and back. Besides the manual clutch jamming very rarely, its a smooth ride. It is slightly loud on the road, but you learn to ignore it because it can keep up with any car on the road. On a trip to LA I drove 70 mph and got 33.33 MPG over 410 miles. When I drive slower I get about 35 mpg. This is a great reliable car! My next car will be a NEW civic whenever that day comes. :)

Interior is near chic -Civic is a compact car with everything a full size car has, just slightly smaller -Keyless entry/Car Alarm -Moon Roof/Sun Roof

The front headlight plastic covers fade too fast -CD player is very old