Used 2001 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews - 128 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Hondas
By hondafan1

2001 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for about 2 years, put almost 50,000 miles on it... Awesome awesome car.

The ride is fabulous.

None.

My Civic, "TIMMY"
By k&spharris57

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I love my civic, but it does have a few "flaws", such as the horrible shaking of the steering wheel when it gets to about 60 mph, i thought it was the tires or something, so i got them balanced and rotated and my car aligned, but no better. SRS light came on, because the seat belt buckle is going out, and i wish it had a little more "omph", kind of sluggish from the get-go, but once that VTEC kicks in,its on!

sun-roof, design of car, lots of "wow" factor with little aftermarket changes, reliability,,i will probably cry when i trade it in someday

better interior material, seats remind me of a dentist's office, would love to have leather and navigation

Great Until Transmission Went Out
By Mark Johnson

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new. Automatic. No problems at all until transmission went out at 86,000 miles. Will cost me $2600 to replace with a used transmission with 46,000 miles on it. Ouch! What a surprise! My car before this, a 1991 Honda Accord, had 230,000 on it when I got rid of it and no transmission trouble. My next car will be another Honda Accord.

Gas mileage. Over 400 miles on a tank. Handling is great.

link for running Ipod in stereo system. Better transmission.

Sure beats buying new!
By MAS123

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Looked around at new 2006 Civics and stumbled across a nice loaded 2001 EX coupe with low mileage (34k), Honda certified, for less than half of the price of a new 2006 coupe (<$10k). Very spacious, smooth, nice features, ergonomic interior. You'll have to pry this car out of my hands in 10 years - unless you can find me something else that gets good mpg, is comfortable and fun to own, is extremely safe, and holds its value as well as the 7th gen Civic. I'm waiting, meanwhile I'll be cruising in my Honda getting 38 worry-free miles per gallon.

Comfortable seats and tilt wheel - easy to fit and good visibility. Gas mileage. Safety. Reliability. Sliding passenger seat makes easy back-seat access. "Progressive" suspension - low body roll but compliant ride.

Make a hatch available, or make the suicide doors like the Saturn ION. Better "pitch" adjustment on the seat. I think this year was the first for the variable-assist power steering - there is a discrete step between low-speed high power and medium-speed low power.

Preety deece
By jomo

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This car is great for the buy. If you're looking for something that can holds its own ground, do yourself a favor and buy this car. Of course it's no BMW M3 but this car has its qualities of its own. The manual transmission rocks, and the engine is OK. I added a cold air intake on mine and it flies. Handling is good and gets a bunch better after I got some 17" TSW wheels and racing tires. Tons of fun and looks pretty sweet.

Great gas mileage, tons of fun to drive, will last forever

Bigger engine maybe. but then gas economy would go down so, it depends on what is more important to the buyer.