Used 2001 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews - 128 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Great Car!
By Scott G

2001 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have 105,000 on this car and the only repair I've had to make is a headlight that burned out about a month ago. Still the original brakes! Second set of tires still look good. I drive a lot of highway miles and average 40+ mpg. This is a great car. The only reason I'm getting rid of it is to buy a 2006 Civic EX coupe.

Mileage!

Road noise while on the highway could be improved on.

Great Car
By Brian

2001 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car since 61000 miles and I am at 75000. It is still running strong and is an awesome car with great fuel economy. It is low on hoarsepower but I put a exhaust and intake on it to bring it up and it is faster. Needs tighter suspension and one of my struts has started to leak and it sometimes pops out of second gear but I have a warrenty on it to cover it. Overall it has been a great car and has saved a lot of money in fuel.

Easy access to all controls, good looks, and great gas mileage.

Stiffer suspension as well as more reliable suspension with leaking struts, better wheels, disc brakes all the way around.

Civic Review
By Nate

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

My Honda, which I bought because of its flawless reputation, has been nothing but good for me. MPG is great, up to 36 on the highway. Add a cold air intake and better wheels and tires and you got yourself a ride! The power of the engine leaves some room for improvement, but you can't complain about 127 stock horses under the hood of a 4-banger. My only other complaint is the paint job. The finish ships if you look at it wrong. Overall a great car though! Wouldn't trade it for the world.

Sleek design, moon roof, and easily modified. No technical experience necessary to make this car look and run like a champ!

More power! Also could use a little more durable interior, including more comfortable seats. Could use a reduction in road noise too, but I can deal with that.

2001 honda civic ex
By thomas rose

2001 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This will be the fifth Honda I have owned, and the second auto. transmission. This model has yet to disappoint, although I don't expect it to. Reliability, fuel mileage are the main reasons I have kept Hondas in the garage, and also the ability to make upgrades performance wise, i.e. loud exhaust, rims, tires, etc.

Body style, moonroof, thats all

Seat material, door / interior design, option upgrades

I'm loving it!
By clavie

2001 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I got this Civic as a second car and because of my commute became my primary car. So far, no issues and really good gas mileage (from 37 to 46MPG in AZ) with Octane 87. I believe I have the better one so far according to (www.fueleconomy.gov). So why buy a hybrid? I recently changed the spark plugs which made a huge difference as the car is more responsive than ever. I'm loving it!

Even it's a coupe, we can fit 5 people inside! Huge MPG, easy driving, cruise control well located, smooth driving.

More horse power without impacting the mileage (115 is kinda low, 120 would be great).