Used 2000 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 195 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Best buy ever!
By jenmarc221

2000 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

i just bought a used civic cx hatch i was amazed how fast it went on the highway! i was going 140 km and didn't even notice, it just flies! and it is so EASY to shift gears in a civic?! I love it! and it has good gas mileage! and they are a great size for finding parking and the hatch has more space than i thought. i like too that i is nice and basic, doesn't have unnecessary gadgets. Excellent car!

Gas mileage, size, fun to drive, good factory radio/speakers, love the body design, good heater

Seat gets uncomfortable (lower lumbar sticks out way to much) after long periods of driving, outside dents too easily, the WIND NOISE is horrible when driving at high speeds...so much wind noise? should make it more sound proof, doesn't excel great, but it's a civic so lets be fair

Good car
By Honda

2000 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

This is a good little car. There have been no problems with the car at all. The gas mileage is great, but only because it acceleration is somewhat slow. It would be a much better car if it had better acceleration and maybe ABS brakes. But overall it is a good car if you are looking for a good reliable car.

Interior is really nice and great gas mileage

ABS brakes, more power

The perfect automobile
By Rodger

2000 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

Mine too has a clunk in the transmission when slowing down and then pressing the accelerator quickly. Thats about the only thing I can complain about. Everything else works perfectly with no problems. I recommend Honda products to all. I changed from a Lincoln Town Car to a Civic because of fuel economy not because I didn't like my Lincoln but I love my Honda even more.

Fuel economy. Outwardly appearance. Dependability. Less maintenance than American cars.

Smoother shifting transmission.

Awesome Car
By double0sol

2000 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

This car has always been there for me when I needed it the most. It was always running never broke down, very very few problems and I loved hearing that v-tec scream!

V-TEC, sunroof, and the dash setup.

Just a little lower and a spoiler on all models would be nice.

Loved this car
By jubilee

2000 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

Got this car brand new on 07/2007 with 8 mi on it and it drove strong for another 160000 miles until it got stolen and dumped in a river (broke my heart). I loved this car. It was the cheapest car on the lot, but it treated me well. Changed the oil every 4 to 5000 miles. Paint still looked new. Here are the things that went wrong: cracked exhaust manifold after 2 yrs, A/C compressor went out after 6 yrs, driver's side window went off track after 7 yrs. Otherwise, absolutely no other problems. Very reliable, and I'm going to stick with Honda. This car has a lot of character. Other imports always wanted to race my stock Civic, and I can't tell you how many times people asked to buy my car.

The hatch! Handles well, can fit anywhere, maneuverability, mechanically reliable

I wish they had this car in an EX trim with leather, sunroof, power windows, power locks. More powerful stock engine