Used 2000 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews - 70 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

You Are All Being Fooled!
By Billy-B

2000 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

This car has had more than its fair share of problems. Should the door lock break so you can't even open it up from the inside? How about the fact that the windshield has never sealed correctly, or even better how any time it rains the car just refuses to start. I also love the fact that O2 sensors and the original muffler lasted for a whopping 50K miles. Still under 100K and I am praying it doesn't die completely before I can get rid of it. Honda reliability... it must be a joke.

I love my civic
By Vic

2000 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

It's size is perfect for a smaller person, I love the way the dash board looks, and I got it in vintage plum. Since then I have come to appreciate the reliability that Honda provides. Even though I live in the NE where we get winter 6 months a year it has always started. It is the perfect size for a small family or a college student, I practically live out of mine sometimes! Seats 4 adults comfortably, 5 at a squeeze (if they are small). A great car to learn to drive stick with, it is very forgiving.

I know that people say that there isn't enough pick up, but my little 4 cyl, 5 speed has plenty of pep. It's spunky!

Paint scratches very easily, interior is a bit cheap looking especially when compared to the 2000 accord.

A Little Disappointed
By jan

2000 Honda Civic Sedan VP 4dr Sedan

Little things on cars tend to break down when it reached 100k, this car was one of them. 106k miles and 6 years later, I had problems with the catalytic converter (I was told that this was the most common break-down for Honda cars). It cost me around $1000 to have the part, and among other things, fixed. The left speaker stopped working right after my warranty expired. The interior of the car rattled and squeeked when hitting bumps on roads. I read one of the reviews and it stated that this model was overrated, that's true. Honda doesn't make the same quality like it used to. My family bought a truck and have driven 280k miles, yet no mechanical problems; only the CD player doesn't work.

power door locks

move the catalytic converter away from the exhaust manifold; it's burning away the O2 Sensor and the particles inside the Catalytic Converter.

Old Trusty Steed
By plastic

2000 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I am a daily commuter driving 125 miles to and from work. I have over 130K miles on my Civic LX. I get an average of 36-37 mpg (mostly highway). Here's my secret. Mobil 1 5w30, Mobil 1 oil filter. I use only Shell gasoline. If I switch to an off-brand, the mpg goes down to 32-33mpg. This car is the best car I have ever owned. It is smooth, agile, and looks great. Very affordable car. I can' wait to purchase a 2006.

MPG. Smooth interior features. Easily servicable motor. Light and nimble.

This car dents easily. If someone leans on the panels, it dents VERY easily.

Awsome car, recommended to anyone.......
By MY FIRST car+Best

2000 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this 2000 civic Dx, the gas is cheap, is a little more expensive than American car, but its worth it to spent a little more for better quality. I'm just 19 years old, I paid it all in cash, and is my first car, so I think is a good car, a very good car, 00 Civic rocks!

The body