Used 2000 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 195 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

I love love love this little car!
By girl gearhead

2000 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I fell in love with this car as soon as it was released! It has such a sporty look! And the price was just right! And most importantly it's a Honda! I had just cooked my 1988 Accord after having driven it for 350,000 miles. The Civic has been wonderful! Just regular oil changes, tires and one new exhaust. Other than that ,nothing! I'm selling it now, only because we had a baby and the two door is no longer practical. I'm so sad to sell but bought a Honda Pilot to replace it. Gotta love Hondas! They go 4eva

Sporty body! Sunroof/moonroof, spoiler. Very peppy little car at a great price! What isn't to love?

I wish the newer Civics were more like the 2000 style! The new ones don't have that sporty look.

Great car, just not that big
By samiam11

2000 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

I bought this car as an upgrade from my 1996 hatch and it was a definite change. There is definitely more power and throwing in power steering doesn't hurt the situation. The power in the car won't put you pack in your seat (maybe at the higher end of first gear), but it's a nice change from the paltry 106 hp of the lower end models. The car has done nothing but run great for me. The only problems I've had are that the alignment of my driver's side window motor turned bad, but I fix all things myself and it was quite easy. The other problem was that the exhaust pipe rusted through, which was also a problem on my other Honda. Again, not much of a problem and an easy fix.

To me the overall look is great and it still has the compact feel that got lost in later designs. The engine is peppy enough to provide for some fun and the handling only helps for coming fast out of turns... legally. All power options also helped turn me to the car.

Adding more power would have been nice, but that was addressed in later Si models, though torque is still a problem. Maybe offer a better looking interior, luxury wise, even though it is at heart an economy car. As with all older Hondas, better rust protection couldn't hurt either.

Impressive
By Lee

2000 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

Bought it as a new car in 2000 (first Honda car), with the idea to keep it for about 5 years. After 8 1/2 yrs and 100K I still cannot convince myself to give it away. As other people have mentioned, it only needs gas besides scheduled maintenance. I did not have to change as much as a light bulb outside maintenance. Great mileage 30-32 in suburban traffic, 36 on the hwy. Drove it 2500 miles across US during moving in only 3 days: no problem. Incredibly stable and agile considering it's a small car with 106 hp. Next one will be a Honda for sure ...

Gas mileage, stability at any speed, agile handling.

CD/MP3 player should have been standard, same for keyless entry.

Great Car!
By HappyOne

2000 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I love my civic! It is spunky and has great torque for being a 4 cyl. I always get compliments for the sharpness of the gas and the incredible feel of the brake system. Wonderful car! Only major problem was with exhaust manifold, but a great dealership replaced it for free because it was a recall on many civics (you can look up the vin to see if it qualifies).

Perfect size! Large trunk with fold down back seats! Gas mileage decent. I get 35-37 hwy, 28-29 city.

Make the cup holders not underneath the dash so that taller cups fit. The only "bad" thing about this car is that it is so great, I have no valid excuses to upgrade to a newer model....hahaha.

Great
By neilschmeil

2000 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

The car is very nice overall. It could use some more power sometimes when trying to accelerate. Still in good shape.