Used 2000 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 195 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Tough act to follow
By Peewee

2000 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I love my Civic... it' super reliable and economical. The gas mileage is great, and the power's not bad for a four cylinder car.

Reliability, economy.

Climate control STINKS. Both a/c and heat are not adequate in extreme weather. American cars have much better climate control. If you live in an area with climate extremes, keep this in mind! Also, car has a lot of road noise, especially on concrete.

It is what it is - A reliable commuter
By STEVEM

2000 Honda Civic VP 4dr Sedan

It's not a performance vehicle right off the lot. But, I needed something safer and more practical than my old truck. This civic has worked great. I've put 102K miles on it, and no problems. Easy to work on as far as replacing spark plugs, changing oil, etc. Gas mileage is great. Commute into Atlanta, and still get 32/33 mpg. Nice to have the CD player and keyless entry. There are plenty of things that could be upgraded on this car. No cruise control, no trunk light, power windows, a little more than 108 hp. However, like the subject line says, it is what it is. It's a comfortable commuter car, and on long trips. Really great gas mileage, and you never have to worry, it's a Honda

Keyless entry, cd player, great gas mileage, easy to work on, really great handling, and a very reliable car.

Trunk light, cruise control, power windows. However, when you buy a nearly base Civic, that's what you get. I've definitely got more than my money's worth on this car, and hope to have it past 200K or 300K, if the wheels don't fall off first.

2000 Honda
By Bob

2000 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

I have been using Honda Civics to commute to NYC for 16 years. always get approx. 250,000 trouble free miles doing scheduled maint. replacing brakes and maybe a muffler. Great cars and fuel economy. Workmanship is top shelf but drivers seat position in this model has been a little uncomfortable, seat needs more lumbar support.

Fuel economy, mechanical reliability,

Better drivers seat for support and wear.

the next best thing to a lexus IS300
By michael jackson fan

2000 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I just bought this car used, got a great deal on it. I'm 16, just got my license, my dad bought it because he has to commute and his Tundra gets bad mpg. I share it with my dad because i normally drive a 94 camry, good car but really slow, the civic is just more fun to drive. reliability + performance + good mpg = honda civic. there is really no other car to get.

v-tec engine, manual transmission, sound system, sunroof, standard features, design, performance, quality, its a real chick magnet!

power locks are kinda messed up, other than that its good enough for now until i get my lexus IS300

My baby!
By kmcphail

2000 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I love my Civic! Reliable, quite
comfortable, and just the right size.
This is the first Honda I've ever
owned; I definitely would purchase
another one. The 100,000 mile extended
warranty ($850) purchased and financed
when the vehicle was new proved to be
about even in payback. The first repair
occurring at 80K (rear seal leak) and a
split manifold at 92K were both covered
by the extended warranty, including car
rental. The only other repairs were
brakework at 90K and 106K plus a timing
belt and water pump that I elected to
replace at 105K as a preventative
measure. The muffler is the original.
Although I have 111,000 miles on the
vehicle, it appears to be mechanically
sound.

I love the adjustable driver's seat! I can actually see the hood of this car. The gas mileage (34.7 overall) is fantastic! (FYI: around town mileage is only in the lower twenties.) The vehicle is pretty peppy when I'm flying solo.

My 200+ pound husband says he's driven bigger go carts; the driver's seat in particular is cramped for large-framed people. The single CD player/radio that I upgraded to at purchase has an annoying incremental volume adjustment and so-so speakers. Trunk clearance for large objects is limited.