Used 1999 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews - 74 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1999 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

excellent car
By Mark

1999 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Honda is an amazing automobile. I will only buy Honda vehicles. I have owned and had American made cars and none outperformed Honda. I used to be a Nissan mechanic and always said a car is a car and as long as you give regular maintenance the car will perform like any other. I was wrong! After owning 10 american and foreign made cars and trucks and bought my 11th car (Honda Civic) I knew I had a great car. After driving almost seven years I can say besides normal wear and tear like brakes, oil change, coolant, timing belt, wiper blades, tires, etc... I have never had any other problems except for 02 sensor.

Honda Civic
By Billie

1999 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Great Automobile - Fun to drive and minimal upkeep. Just check the tires and keep oil changed and engine checked.

The Awesomeness
By Jen

1999 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

My car is amazing there is so much you can do with hondas thats part of what makes them fun I have never had a problem and it has 85000 miles on it

It is so much fun to drive. I love how peppy it is. and it is really easy to drive

Nothing!!!!

I love my Civic!
By Madison

1999 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I would recommend this car to anyone. It is easy to maintain with the maintenance schedule that came with the owner's manual. My car has over 82,000 miles and it runs as well as it did when I purchased it six years ago. I feel confident that my Civic will take me from point A to point B and inbetween without any problems. It's a great buy and runs well on 95 octane gas. That's a good thing with these high gas prices.

It has a sturdy "feel" to the design even though it's a compact car. I really like everything about it!

More options with the sound system -- I have 4 speakers and a factory installed CD player. I think it should come with 6 speakers and a tape player as well. It sits a little lower to the ground than a Corolla, I would like to sit up a little higher.

Best Buy
By Chad Poulter

1999 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Great car, It is my first car and I looked around and bargined the dealer down to a good price. I have been very pleased with the car. I average up to 30+ MPG on highway (depends on how full the car is). You will pay several thousand more versus Ford or Dodges similar models but value that it holds more than makes up for that. When you want reliability, buy a Honda. SImple as that.

Body styling, QUALITY.

I don't like that arm rest. Its to small and a bit wobbly. If Honda is to design their Civic this would be something to improve on. Also the rims are kinda sketchy. Needs higher quality rims.