Used 1999 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 170 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1999 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Honda Civic
By Billie

1999 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

Great Automobile - Fun to drive and minimal upkeep. Just check the tires and keep oil changed and engine checked.

Bought it new and still driving daily
By Mike

1999 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

1999 Civic EX coupe. What a great little car. It is never in the shop except for regular oil changes. I had the timing belt, water pump, gaskets and other belts replaced at 100K miles as preventative. Now its ready for another 100K. If you're looking for a dependable vehicle, this is a good one.

Comfortable seats on long drives and 36 miles per gallon week after week

Over time the power windows have become slow when closing

Just got it! and Love It!!!
By erik j. h.

1999 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

I just purchased a used 99'Si with 37,000 miles on it. I have had it a week and i love everything about it already. It's an absolute blast to drive, slow or fast!!!

DOHC V-tech, it gets up and goes! the fact that its a Honda. I owned a 97' civic a while back and loved that car, but it doesnt hold a candle to this pocket rocket!!

Viper alarms should have been standard features along with abs brakes. Be careful where you park it, i was suppose to buy a 00' but 2 days before i was to pick it up it was stolen off the lot!!!

The Awesomeness
By Jen

1999 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

My car is amazing there is so much you can do with hondas thats part of what makes them fun I have never had a problem and it has 85000 miles on it

It is so much fun to drive. I love how peppy it is. and it is really easy to drive

Nothing!!!!

I love my Civic!
By Madison

1999 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I would recommend this car to anyone. It is easy to maintain with the maintenance schedule that came with the owner's manual. My car has over 82,000 miles and it runs as well as it did when I purchased it six years ago. I feel confident that my Civic will take me from point A to point B and inbetween without any problems. It's a great buy and runs well on 95 octane gas. That's a good thing with these high gas prices.

It has a sturdy "feel" to the design even though it's a compact car. I really like everything about it!

More options with the sound system -- I have 4 speakers and a factory installed CD player. I think it should come with 6 speakers and a tape player as well. It sits a little lower to the ground than a Corolla, I would like to sit up a little higher.