Used 1999 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 170 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1999 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Unmatched Reliability
By Syed

1999 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

This is the best car that I have ever bought it has over 100,000 miles and it still drives like new! It requires minimum maintenance while at the same time giving the driver excellent fuel economy and performance! And oh yeah it was also rated the best looking car in its class!

every thing

none

Honda Civic 99
By sue

1999 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I purchased my civic used and it has been a charmer. No problems and has not been in the shop since I got it. I have had other Hondas and find them to be very reliable cars.

I like the size of the car, the sunroof and the ease of driving.

95000 miles still going strong
By civicdriver

1999 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I wanted to give a quick 6 year follow up on my 99 ex coupe Civic. This has been a great car, with very little routine maintenance it has not given me one problem. I bought this car new with 6 miles on it and have driven it as a daily commuter since. I got 45,000 miles out of the original tires, and have 50,000 on the current ones. It still rides good, shifts smooth(5 spd.), and all the electronics still work well. Still getting close to 40 MPG. Overall this has been, and still is a great car.

Moon roof, front tweeters, gas mileage, layout and look of the car. 95,000 trouble free miles.

None. As someone stated, the windows go up a little slower now but still work fine.

Transmission noise
By Greg

1999 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

Only problems have been a cracked manifold (Honda has an extended warrenty for this and will replace for free) and whining gear noise from tranmission. It developed this after 70K miles and it seems to be getting worse. No maintenance other than scheduled maintence required except manifold.

Great feedback in steering. Practical interior. Fold down rear seat. Great reliability. Nice styling.

Gear noise in manual tranmission. Needs anti sway bar to improve handling but still handles great.

excellent car
By Mark

1999 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

Honda is an amazing automobile. I will only buy Honda vehicles. I have owned and had American made cars and none outperformed Honda. I used to be a Nissan mechanic and always said a car is a car and as long as you give regular maintenance the car will perform like any other. I was wrong! After owning 10 american and foreign made cars and trucks and bought my 11th car (Honda Civic) I knew I had a great car. After driving almost seven years I can say besides normal wear and tear like brakes, oil change, coolant, timing belt, wiper blades, tires, etc... I have never had any other problems except for 02 sensor.