Used 1998 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews - 72 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1998 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

What a great car
By cruizinone

1998 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

Since I owned this car, I put a total of 650.00 into repairs (brakes & tires) This is one GREAT car. Never lets me down and does not need a lot of maint. Thanks GOD, the car is lucky if I remember to put oil in it. This car is so much fun to drive. Even my friends ask to drive it. I have been told that this car will run for 200,000 + miles. This is my first honda and I am looking to get another, if something should ever happen to his one.

Fun to drive, low maint.

Comfort of the driver seat.

Nice car!
By Yablokov

1998 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

This car is amazing. I get great gas mileage. And now I get about 44mpg on the highway(80mph). I put a custom exhaust and a cold air intake; now the car screams while giving me great gas mileage

Vtec, upgradablility, glances

Better seats. and more head room.

Better than I expected.
By Karina

1998 Honda Civic Coupe HX 2dr Coupe

Have 92K+ on this car, and 7 years, and still have one of the most fuel efficient cars on the market. Always reliable. Friends who borrow it love its "kick" -- me too. I just don't have a reason to sell it until its an absolute heap! More stylin' cars can't beat its advantages.

Gas mileage! Sporty. A/C.

Paint job is a little cheap.

This is what most of U.S. should drive
By Jim

1998 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

Bought new in 1998. 5 speed EX 2-door model. 146,000 miles. Have replaced the battery once, tires twice, and timing belt and water pump at 105,000 miles. No other costs other than oil changes. Car has averaged 37 mpg overall to date. 100% reliable. A few door dings from the parking lot. Interior looks like new. Foreign oil dependency would be much lower if more of us drove these.

CHEAP to operate and very reliable.

Seat comfort is only adequate. Still, has been used on 20 hour 1,200 mile, straight-through drives with no real problems.

Buy This Car!!
By Elise

1998 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I sold my Civic for more cargo room but miss it so much! This was a great car! Excellent gas mileage and incredible reliability, especially for a traveling college student. It NEVER gave me ONE problem. And my fuel indicator would be on "full" for days!! I could always count on this car. Very fun to drive. Honda knows what they're doing! I'll never stray again! BUY THIS CAR! You won't be disappointed!

Gas mileage and reliability.

None!