Used 1998 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews - 70 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1998 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Reliable but Noisy and Low
By eyendall

1998 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new and have been driving it for almost 10 years in all kinds of weather conditions. It is a good car: well built, good finish, reliable, and economical on gas and repair bills. The only major faults I have with it are excessive highway noise and a low door sill making it difficult to get in and out of the car.

Mechanical reliability.

Better sound insulation and higher door sill.

Bulletproof
By kennj

1998 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Great car. Bought with 65000 miles on it, now have 190000 and it is still going strong. Drive 100 miles a day and it has been totally reliable. I have not done a timing belt since I got it. Great MPG, 34 up to 40 on occassions. My first Honda after many Toyotas. They make a terrific car for commuters like me.

RELIABILITY

None

Great, dependable little car
By f150xltgirl

1998 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I love my cCvic, it was the best vehicle purchase I have made. I drive it on a 97 mile round trip daily and have not had any problems with it in five years. I would highly recommend a 98 Honda Civic EX!

Sunroof, keyless entry

Do not route the keyless entry system through the radio. I only have an AM/FM radio without a cassttte or CD player. I wanted to put in a new radio, but was unable to do so without affecting my keyless entry.

Great Car
By Kris

1998 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

My family has had this car for a while. My older brother bought it, he was the 2nd owner. Then my father bought it. After 3 or 4 years, of driving it, it now has just rolled past 173,000 miles. This is my first car. The only problems we have had with it is the AC stopped before we even got it. It still runs like new.

Looks, alloy rims.

Cup holders, 2.0 liter.

Reliable Economy Car
By jkwcivil

1998 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

My father-in-law purchased this car for my wife while we were still dating. That was about 6 years ago when it had approximately 40,000 miles. The car now has over 155,000 and is still running strong. We have the oil changed every 3,000 miles and do the other maintenance that is recommended by the manufacturer. The car has proven to be a hassel free daily driver and I expect that will continue well into the future.

This is an economy car, therefore, not much flare. The seat upholstery has proven to be very stain and wear resistant.

It has a good deal of road noise, but I think it has been lessened in newer models.