Used 1995 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 127 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1995 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

I LOVED my Honda
By Honda lover

1995 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I loved my Civic since day one. Only thing I've had to replace within the year and a half that I have had it was the CV shaft. Nothing expensive, and easy to fix on your own. Don't put money into this car though. It's most likely gonna get stolen sooner or later, and you can't expect anything from insurance. So if you have a Honda, park it in your garage, even if you have a "nice" neighborhood.

I loved driving this car, got 38 mpg on freeway, had no problems.

Alarm systems with motion sensors, and fuel shut down. Needs more complex system so that it's not so easy to steal.

The Most Reliable Car Out There
By mer

1995 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

I have had this car since 1995 and I can say hands down this is the most reliable car I have ever had. It has not broken down once. I have taken it for regular maintenance repairs and some work on the A/C and that is it! It is not the best looking car in the world but it is fun. It also not the most powerful car but it has good fuel economy, well with the new fuel efficient cars it is no longer the best but it is good. Overall, I really love this car, I will always try to buy Hondas I have to say it is a great car.

Reliability. Economy. Fun.

Body

Awesome car
By Civic4g95

1995 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I bought the car in August of 06. It had an aftermarket header and muffler. I have added rims, tail lights, neons and the interior has been custom painted. The car runs pretty good. It has the 1.6L VTEC-E motor, with a 5 spd tranny. I can run with my dads big v8 truck. The car is built extremely well. It has 190,000 on the motor and it has been put through a lot of racing as it was in a racing club before I bought it and I have been rough on it. I have no problems with the car, uses a little bit of oil and that's it.

Many aftermarket parts, awesome motor design, beautiful body, good gas mileage.

The motor could use another 20 horses or so, the windows and sunroof motors are weak.

My 25th car, and I love it.
By AMP

1995 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

Having owned many different types and models of cars now, I will have to say the Civic is my all time favorite. I've parted with all my cars in the past except for my Civic and my CRX, 2 of the best cars I have ever owned. I recently sold my 97 subaru for this 95 civic and I have no regrets. I've been in search for a Civic since my old 91 civic finally died out after 4 accidents and 258K miles. As long as you can find one that wasn't raced out, and maintained, everything will be fine. Yeah they ride just a tiny bit rough, but handle great, reliable, peppy, 38-45 mpg, and just a blast to drive. Make sure to install an alarm as these cars are hot.

The Civics in my opinion have had the best handling over the other Honda models. And the seats are great as well, a little more solid, and wrap around your back a little better.

On this particular model none. Working in a Honda dealership I compare my old 95 to the 07 Civics. And these feel a lot more solid and well built compared to the cheaper feeling of the 06-07 Civics.

it keeps going and going and going
By auhollid

1995 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I love my civic, I have driven it across the country. It now has 208,000 mile and is still going. Just in the last year has it begun to need repairs. (Head work, air compressor, rear door interior)I am looking for a new car and hope my next car is as good as this one has been.

Gas mileage, 32 mpg with 200K miles!

N/A