Used 1995 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 126 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1995 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Sports Coupe
By ERL

1995 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

We bought this car new in 1995. It was absolutely superb while we owned it. The EX model with the VTEC system provides a very good amount of power at high revs although it is gutless down low. The car was very reliable and the Acoustic Research stereo was good for its era. The handling got worse as it aged, but it was still pretty tight and sporty 13 years on. The five-speed manual is necessary. The interior was very well made with great dash and door panel material. This is, in effect, a sports coupe -- not an economy car. It is also great in the snow (with Bridgestone Blizzak snow tires) The reliability could also not be beat. A wonderful car.

VTEC, 5-Speed Manual, Sunroof, AR Stereo, Chrome Exhaust Tip

Alloy wheels should have been standard on the EX. The air conditioning was miserable and the least reliable part of the car.

DD Awesome, Project even better!
By Project Car

1995 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

The car is a great car. I have whipped the snot out of this car on pavement, dirt and snow. Haddles so well and the replacement parts are so cheap. Come on 30 Bucks for struts? So simple. Not to mechion the car is a cake walk to work on. I love this car because you can beat and beat on it. It will not only take it but ask for more. When your done you can turn it off, work on it and learn about a simple car in the mean time and drive it the next day cause its like working with legos so easy!

Parts are easy to replace. Power everything. Styles next to any car 20k and above in pricing. Fuel mileage, Performance in the high end. Handles like a dream

A bit lighter would be nice!

Amazing reliability
By colorado civic lover

1995 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

Well I will miss my little red Civic. I bought it new in 1995, the only owner it ever had. A young girl decided that she had to plow into me from behind last week and totalled it and now I am car shopping. But I never had to do anything to this car other than the routine maintenance. It would have gone another 100k miles easily. I recommend this year's model (or any Civic model) enthusiastically to anyone looking to buy a used car!

Always there
By Ron

1995 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

This car always been there for me. For a full tank of gas could get me to far away places and never did complain. Except for a change of struts It never stayed in repair shop too long. And now that I'm passing this car to a friend, I feel like I'm losing a friend.

Body style.

None.

I LOVED my Honda
By Honda lover

1995 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I loved my Civic since day one. Only thing I've had to replace within the year and a half that I have had it was the CV shaft. Nothing expensive, and easy to fix on your own. Don't put money into this car though. It's most likely gonna get stolen sooner or later, and you can't expect anything from insurance. So if you have a Honda, park it in your garage, even if you have a "nice" neighborhood.

I loved driving this car, got 38 mpg on freeway, had no problems.

Alarm systems with motion sensors, and fuel shut down. Needs more complex system so that it's not so easy to steal.