Used 1995 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 127 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1995 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Great Car
By AlwaysBored

1995 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

I got this car as a first car and love it. It's a great car and very fun to drive even on long road trips. It has never let me down and runs as though it's brand new. The gas mileage is great and I love how I can drive an almost 15 year old car and not have to worry about gas. I do wish it had a better alarm though, I'm afraid to make any big changes and get it stolen, I'd be crushed if it was. Would definitely recommend this car, especially the EX.

1.6 L VTEC, comfort, handling, reliability, easy to repair/modify, very fun to drive (especially the manuals).

Window/sunroof motors, cup holders (almost useless), alarm system.

Miss it
By Tom

1995 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

It was slower than a sick elephant and needed third gear to get up steep hills but still a blast to drive. So light and low that it cornered at 25-30 mph with no squealing from its cheap little tires. Loved the styling inside and out. Still looks cool even though the design dates to 1991. Shame its cosmetic quality wasn't the same as its mechanical quality. Never cost me a dime other than regular maintenance but the paint job was bad and it started rusting like crazy around 10 years of age. Mine was an automatic, which didn't do the tiny engine any favors and sucked gas. A car this small should get better than 25 mpg in the city. But so cheap to own and run and so fun at the same time.

Styling, tossability, flawlessly reliable.

Resistance in the wiper control stalk wore down to the point where the stalk will fall down when you go over a bump and turn the wipers on. Window and sunroof motors wearing out and need WD40 every few weeks. MPG should be better. Sometimes headlights didn't work in cold weather.

Strong Compacted Car!
By Alex

1995 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback

This car is one of the best hatchbacks honda made. The car is very reliable and that 1.6 L vtec engine is very promising. Very happy with my honda, i might keep it forever and give it to my future son. Gas mileage is good too! less than 30 dollars to fill it up!

Once vtec kicks in...bye bye!The look of the car, cheap replacement parts, more bang for the buck, after 200k mile rebuild, it will last long, Cheap performance parts.

The B16 engine would be nice. Cup holder was a pain! Even a small drink at mcdonalds will bring chaos. (believe me). Better looking factory wheels would be nice. Better anti theft device (trust me you will need it)

Excellent Quality and Reliability
By Alfredo

1995 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car last year with 110,000 miles and now at 125,000 it has never let me stranded, I drive 100 miles per day with an impressive 30 mpg using A/C. I have never visited a repair shop except for changing tires and timing belt and brake pads, which you have to replace in every car due to normal wear. I am a student and let me tell you is the best decision I've ever made, Hondas are reliable, economical and excellently well built, when I graduate I think I'll keep it as a second car. Forget Bimmers Saabs or Jags, if you want luxury get an Acura which is basically a Honda with the luxury package!

Gas mileage is still at an impressive 30 mpg at 125K miles Very low depreciation!!! Reliable very Reliable!!

Cup holders are kind of useless and badly placed Rear toe adjustment should be possible with simple wheel alignment CV joints: Check them More HP wouldn't hurt either

95 civic
By redsox88

1995 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for almost 3 years and it now has 160K miles on it. The manual transmission shifts very nicely and it's very easy to drive. Gas prices keep getting higher but I can still put gas in and not break 30 dollars. The only repairs I have had to get with it have been regular maintenance. It has been a great car.

Reliability, Great fuel economy, the moonroof, and with a small engine it goes quick.

The cup holders and it needs more compartments.