Used 1995 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 127 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1995 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Best car period
By aj

1995 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I've been selling cars for 14 years now, and not imports. First Honda I've owned. Car was traded in and I didn't need another car but couldn't pass up for $500. It had 131,000 miles on it when I bought it. Now it has 208,000 miles on it. All I can say is WOW. I never thought 4 1/2 years later I would still be driving it. (It is my work car. 20,000 miles a year.) I change the oil every 5,000 miles, new exhaust, new radiator after it started getting hot because 1/4 of it was gone, plugs and wires, and thats it. All was cheap and did myself. Still has the same brakes front and back from when I bought it. I wouldn't take 2,000 for it cause I know I couldn't replace it. Most reliable car ever. :)

Best car ever for reliability. Period. I get 33 mpg at 65 avg.

None.

Most reliable car
By Gorila Gorillon

1995 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

Bought it new and still running. The sad part is a recent car accident may make me part with it. Otherwise, I planned to drive it until the odometer started at 0 again.

Gas mileage and all that fabulous trunk space. Perfect for college moves and later, as a parent, fitting that stroller.

Would raise the ceiling a little bit. My tall husband keeps bumping his head on the top.

1995 Honda Civic finally retired
By rvetter

1995 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car used in 1997 and have driven it until the wheels fall off. The odometer stopped working almost a year ago at 229,900 miles; it's probably pushing 300,000 now. Great car, never let me down. Replaced CV boots/joints, O2 sensor, radiator and had work done on AC timing belt and seals. I can't say enough about how well designed the car is, how great it handled and how nice it was to have no car payment for 9 years! It's hemorrhaging oil now, so I'm going to lay it to rest and get a new civic.

Styling, price, fuel efficiency, features, design, quality of materials.

Sunroof and window motors are weak, cup holder flimsy (esp. with huge fast food cups).

95 Civic
By Vehicle

1995 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

Had my civic for 14 years and 270,000 miles later it still going strong. Very reliable and easy to work on. Worth every penny.

One of the greatest
By milo

1995 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

The 1995 Honda civic is one of the greatest cars ever made. They are easy to maintain and work on. Only minor work has been needed for mine. Oil changes, tune ups, brakes, tires are the only things that it has needed. I gave it a custom paint job since the original paint faded. One of the car's faults was the paint but everything else is great. It's fun to drive - very reliable and awesome in gas. If the American automobile industry made cars like this, they would not be bankrupt. I will not buy another car that is not a civic. For now I'll take care of mine because it takes care of me. I think it will run forever. I changed the timing belt and waterpump just to be safe, and it might run another 200,000 miles...

The handling and reliability. The simple way to fix and work on. The great gas economy. Easy upgrades and easy to customize.

A cluster panel with more lights. Make it brighter to see the tachometer. Better paint and clearcoat. Make it harder to steal.