Used 1995 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 127 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1995 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Great Car
By ArtGirl

1995 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I was thinking about buying a new car - something with a high safety rating. And because I now have 126,000 miles (although my mechanic keeps saying this is a great car and I have another 100,000 miles in it). But after reading the reviews in here on the cars that have high safety ratings and on my car, I think I'm going to keep this one for awhile. There's no bad reviews on this car. VW and Volvo both have some very negative reviews (hadn't made my way to Saab, Audi or Subaru yet). The car is getting a bit sluggish with age, but overall, it has great get up and go for a 4 cylinder.

Good gas mileage (I once got 44 mpg freeway. I average 26 to 31 mpg with an automatic). My mountain bike fits well in the trunk with the seat folded down. The radio and tape player have held up well. Until recently, has had great pick up and has driven well (a bit sluggish lately).

Improvements I'd like: better cup hold, an a/c and fan that work decently, more storage spaces off the front seat, if possible.

Honda Civic LX
By HondaGirl

1995 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

Overall, not a bad car. It has only left me stranded twice: when the plastic radiator cracked, alternator belt broke. Gets pretty good gas mileage. Now with 232,000 miles it is gone. Starter just went out, oil seals are leaking, and it leaked on the timing belt, back power windows leaking, trunk is leaking water from back window. This summer had the CV joints, brakes, and rotors replaced and it was driving like brand new. I got this car with 90K miles on it. We had a good run. Just remember to get the timing belt replaced every 90K miles and you will be fine. I got this car in college and it has lasted thru my first job, and it will be missed

Great gas mileage, Cold AC and Hot heat, comfortable seats, not bad looking

Very little power, you really have to punch it on the interstate to get above 60 Road noise is annoying on the interstate What's up with the back window seal? How strange that it leaks water into the trunk. Trunk is totally unusable when it is raining. Watch out. I ruined a good book back there.

Keeps going and going
By J Bruce

1995 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

Bought this 5 years ago for daughter in HS. She has put about 40,000 miles on it. It has been extremely reliable, and we have only had to fix routine maint items. Was in major hailstorm, so repaired all dents, repainted and added chrome / alloy 16 inch wheels. Also added Sony CD player, new speakers, and auto start / remote locks. The car still looks new, and interior is holding up amazing for a 12 year old car. My daughter still likes the car, especially since it was repainted and customized, adding remote starter. Still gets 32 MPG on highway, low insurance costs, and hardly any repair costs. Not sure how much more you could ask of a car. The v-tech engine still runs great.

V-tech engine, styling, good interior materials, well built suspension, engine and transmission, great fuel mileage. Lots of lux features for economy car (is the EX model with sunroof, cruise, tilt, PW, PB and larger engine)

Door hardware could be better, brake rotors rust on Hondas - other than that, great car for the long run

Love this ride
By Cory

1995 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car new in 1995. I never had an issue with this car. It was even good in the snow. I have owned other cars since I purchased my Civic, but I never kept any of them. The guys at the garage that just recently replaced the original belts said I could easily get another 100,000 miles from this car as long as I keep up with the oil changes every 3000 miles. It currently has 161,600. The body was in great shape until a few days ago when I got hit head on. The crumple zones and airbags worked well. Unfortunately, insurance has listed it as a loss. I am going to miss this car more than the Mustang I traded for it. I will definitely buy another Honda.

Almost everything

Have probably improved the cup holders in eleven years

Little Green Machine
By Crash

1995 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car new and have loved it ever since. I have owned other vehicles during this time, but my little green machine never failed me in 11 yrs. Two nights ago, I was driving home and someone hit me head on. The crumple zones worked like they are supposed to and the airbags kept me from being injured. I always told my husband I would keep this car until the body rotted off - but it wasn't happening. The officers and tow truck drivers all commented on how good a condition the car was in (except for the now smashed front.) It had 161,000 miles on it and I finally just did the belts a few months ago. I am going to miss this car more than the Mustang I traded it for....

Almost everything