Used 1992 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 64 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1992 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

My 2nd VX and better than the 1st !!!
By Ken was IL now MI

1992 Honda Civic VX 2dr Hatchback

I owned my 1st VX for 10 years - see my 5/2002 review in this section. I was very sad when I sold it but I did because it started to rust badly in several areas. While looking at the bargain section of the car classifieds of the Detroit newspaper I found another 92 VX! for only $1500! What's great about this one? NO SERIOUS RUST!! Three years later????? Anyway the new one (14 years young next month) is really fantastic. It has only 128,000 miles, doesn't leak/burn/use oil, the engine runs like new and the interior is in better shape than my 1st VX - seats and carpeting are mint. Still has the same advantages and disadvantages as the old one but if I could find another 92 I'd buy it!!

Reliability - nothing ever fails as long as regular maintenance is done.

Too late for that but it would be great if Honda could bring back the 1.5 or 1.3L lean burn engines and get 50 to 60 MPG. The 80's 90's CRX's were great gas sippers too and fun to drive also!

Civic lover
By Tina

1992 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 2002 and put 40k mi on it in 3 1/2 years never had one prob. I sold it with 216k mi for a newer civic, and then sold that for an suv, I miss driving a civic so much I am going to buy another one here soon. Best car I have ever driven!!

body style is very cute and the interior is simpe and has plenty of room

the cup holder could be a better design, kinda flimsy.

Wouldn't buy any other brand car
By hondas forever

1992 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

Hondas are an excellent car. They are very reiliable and run forever with normal little maintance, like the pink bunny. 247,000 mostly highway miles and still going extremely strong. Purchased with 105,000 miles in 1996. Good leg and head room. Great resale value.

30 mpg town / 37 mph highway

Needs more take-off power

200,000 and still going
By Great Car

1992 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

I just purchase my Civic two months ago. I believe the previous owner didn't take good care of it but, despite it's abuse, it's still in great condition. I did have to replace the water pump, and the CV boots were split, but once those things were taken care of it felt like I was driving a new car. Gas mileage is still around 35 mpg, the cars acceleration is very responsive, and steering is great.

Gas mileage.

Needs a little more power.

What a Great Car
By beaker

1992 Honda Civic VX 2dr Hatchback

With gas prices so high only Hybrids can do better for mileage. This car has high interior noise, the seats are not that comfortable and rust is showing up in the rear quater panels but that is about the end of the bad stuff. Almost 283K miles, no major engine work and average mileage is around 40 MPG. It handles well and keeps up in city traffic no problem. I have seen several civics customized but this one won't see that kind of work until the engine goes.

Great mileage and very low general operating costs. Hatch back area has more room than it appears. Can haul lots of stuff with seats down.

A quieter interior and more comfortable seats would be the only needed improvements