Used 1992 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 64 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1992 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Great Car / Timeless
By Texas Car

1992 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

I have had my 92 for 16 years and have no plans to get rid of it. The Little Red Car has 185K miles on it and has been extremely trustworthy. I am a Japanese car tech by trade and only use OEM Honda parts when possible. The axle shafts are the originals. I have, during it's life, installed the second set of boots after the originals. The rotors and drums have never been machined. I am now on the first set of OEM replacement shoes and second set of OEM pads. I am on the first timing belt, water pump and front engine seals, with new drive belts. I will be installing the second replacement belts, tensioner, valve adjust, plugs and misc within the next few days. Then, here I come 250K miles.

Fuel economy is from 32MPG to 40MPG consistently. I check it every fill up. The mileage hasn't changed for 16 years. Remember, this is a CX with the higher gear ratio for fuel economy. It's not to quick getting off of the line, but likes 80 MPH on the highway. I like the comfort and usability.

I only wish that I had intermittent wipers. The AC, and sound system is fine. I'm 6'2" and fit great in the car. If not I wouldn't have had it for so long. Nice car!!

wonderful little civic
By samcivic

1992 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

Brought the cute Civic for good gas mileage, reliability and low cost to operate and it delivers. I had a fast prelude, the Civic has little performance, but is fun to drive and light weight very good on the snow. The Civic look small, but very roomy and comfortable even for tall a person like myself. The Civic is the best bargain I can think of. Very happy to own a cute little Civic.

Nice gas mileage. Fun to drive. Reliable to drive. Cheap insurance. I am '511 fit nicely.

Everything is cheap to operate, i won't ask for more.

What a great car!!
By ace1932

1992 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

My dad purchased the car when it was new back in 1992 from a dealer in Southern California. It's my car now and I love it! Sure it has no pick-up and I'm making more frequent trips to the shop. All in all, it's a great car! Handling is fantastic!! I routinely get 36 MPG in the city, while using 87 octane gas!! The build quality is great! My car has never had any rust issues and it still has the engine it came with when new. It now has over 170k miles on it, but still works really well. The original clutch lasted 137k miles!! So yes, the car will never die. I routinely get offers from random people on the street to buy my car. Oh yes, and my A/C compressor is in need of replacement.

Interior/exterior styling. The handling is fantastic. Great MPG!

Could use 110 more horsepower! Would also benefit from 4 wheel disc brakes! The drive seat could use more support in the but area. More lateral support also wouldn't hurt!!

Great work car
By SavivnGas

1992 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

With fuel the way it is, I parked the F 150 crew cab and purchased this vehicle used, with 88,844 original miles on it. I have not owned it long, but I am already wondering what I ever did with out it. My first fuel cycle, resulted in a MPG of 40.8, mostly highway. That is a lot better than the 17.5 I was getting. Now, my wife, 2 daughters and myself are all driving Honda's, ranging from 92 Civic, 02 Accord, 04 Accord and 07 Civic. These have all been great vehicles and I can imagine owning any other make.

Reliability and fuel mileage

I am satisfied

Back to Honda
By Jerry

1992 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

We had Hondas before, and glad to be owners and drivers of one again. This Honda had 150,000 miles (now about 155,1115 miles) when we bought it. It had been well-maintained, and runs great. After about six months, still no problems (other than a cracked windshield and headlight bezel). Just a few weeks after buying the car, we drove it 490 miles in one day when we relocated from Scranton, PA to Norfolk, VA. I'm now commuting 16 miles to work round trip daily, five days per week, in addition to a lot of running around when not working. We had Hondas in the past (1990 Civic DX, 1984 Civic), and very happy to be back into Hondas, where we will stay. Have several kids who also drive Hondas

Smooth running; sure handling; small tires (less costly to replace); auto door locks, and power windows (all of which still work). Superb reliability; I know I can depend on it to keep running with no problems.

Stronger material for door handle bezel. Cracked the driver door bezel when attempting to open the door, not realizing that I had locked it when resting my arm on the window sill. Either that, or design the door to automatically unlock when lever is pulled from inside.