Used 2014 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Bought new, @ 47k miles it required a new starter
By Former Honda Loyalist

2014 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V6 w/Navigation 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my 2014 Honda Accord V6 EX-L w/Navi new in June 2014 at Anderson Honda, Palo Alto. I had serviced at regular intervals at the Honda dealership. At 47,000 miles it needed a new starter and battery replacement. I've owned used Hondas since 1992 and this was my very first new car (at age 43). My 1991 Civic ran flawlessly for over 300k miles! I selected Honda for it's history of reliability having worked at dealership during my college years I knew first-hand how consistent the vehicles were. This 2014 vehicle has been a total disappointment. The Navi system is sub par and you have to pay for map updates, if you have XM radio you can't scan from your steering wheel and the song titles are truncated, the panel connected to the driver seat adjustments has fallen off, and after only 30k miles the starter was giving me issues. For nearly a year I'd get nervous once I sat my car wondering if it'll start ok. Finally the starter failed and my battery died so I just spent $865 to have it replaced. When I buy my next car I doubt I'll buy Honda again.

Car of my dreams
By Sam MacNicoll

2014 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It's everything I wanted. All my friends love it as well.

Jim's review of Pre-owned 2014 Honda Accord Coupe
By Jim Esposito

2014 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Great car with some quality issues.
By Keith McDaniels

2014 Honda Accord Coupe LX-S 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

This car drives nice,"a little stiff on the suspension," but makes up for the stiffness in handling. Fuel economy is great as well. Setting the cruise at 75 on the highway I average 37 MPG, which I feel is great!
Now for the bad. I have approximately 25,000 miles on the car and the drivers seat carries the look of 100,000 mile car:( The pandora app is also a hassle. One stereo was replaced and the new stereo is troublesome as well. Freezes like a computer, disconnects during phone calls, and often have to either shut the car off or turn off blue tooth and turn it back on to get the features to work. Definitely is less hands free than I had hoped!

Incredibly impressed with this car
By adaminwestdale

2014 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V6 w/Navigation 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

As with every Honda I've ever owned, this car does everything just as it should. It is beyond reliable, incredibly comfortable, handles great, is powerful and yet returns pretty impressive fuel economy for a V6. It turns heads everywhere I go - thanks to the Tiger-Eye Pearl (metallic brown) paint job and the beautiful two-tone leather interior.

But more than all of that, I was so impressed by the technology (lane-watch camera, front collision warning, land departure warning) that I actually convinced my partner to replace an aging Hyundai Santa Fe with a new 2015 CRV Touring to get the same (plus even more) safety technology.

Two-year update: I am still as happy with this vehicle today as I was when I first acquired it. There hasn't been one issue to report and aside from scheduled maintenance, no repairs needed.

Four year update: as this was a leased vehicle, the time came to return it. With 65,00 kms in it, I only had to replace the battery and otherwise just scheduled maintenance. I replaced this car with a 2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring because the new Accord at the same trim level as my coupe was over $40k cdn or else I would leased another Accord.