Used 2014 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 113 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2014 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Great Car crappy CVT
By ryan

2014 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I use the car for work and drive 30K a year! I have owned several CVT vehicles before this and this by far has the worst CVT I have ever owned. Car shutters until warmed up and I recently lost reverse until warmed up. Honda dealer replaced the valve body in the CVT as that is Hondas fix for the Accords and CRV's with this issue. This is a common problem in the 13-14 Accord and CRV. I now have reverse again however the shutter is still there. Besides the CVT its a great car! This is probably my fourth or fifth Honda and up to this car Honda for me meant reliability and resale. This will be my last Honda as the reliability is a real concern. I just bought my wife a 16 Pathfinder Platinum as the Pilot Elite has known transmission issues as well. Sorry Honda you lost me as a customer!

Reliable at an Affordable Price
By Fred Cardi

2014 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Great car with excellent mpg. On a recent trip to Canada we averaged 38mpg. The only minor complaint that I have is the passenger front seat is uncomfortable on an extended drive. I had hoped the cabin noise would be quieter with less road noise.

Certified Pre-Owned Accord Sport
By Kevin H.

2014 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Just purchased a Honda Certified pre-owned 2014 Accord Sport with the 6M transmission. I have only had the car for two weeks but I am very happy so far. This car is my daily driver for my 60 mile round trip commute. The Honda is replacing my 2008 Mazda 3 Hatchback (2.3 liter 5-speed manual). I loved my Mazda but wanted something a little more refined and still sporty. The Accord Sport has delivered on both. Definitely a more quiet, refined ride yet still sporty. Several magazine tests show the Accord Sport with the 6 speed manual is capable of a zero to sixty times in the mid to high six second range. That is a full second faster than the Mazda 3. The Accord has a great shifter and the 2.4 liter four does rev out nicely (and sounds good). So far the combined fuel mileage (per the on board mpg indicator) is 29.8. The EPA combined estimate is 28 mpg for the Sport with 6-speed manual. I have seen 34 on the highway. This is on par with my Mazda 3 so I am happy to have a larger more refined car with as good or better fuel mileage. The interior is nice and feels well made. The driver seat is comfortable for me (5'8" \ 160lb) and has a lot of adjustment. The steering wheel is both tilting and telescopic so finding a good driving position is quite easy. It has a dual zone climate control and the ac cools very well. The audio system sounds good and Bluetooth links easily to my LG phone. Pandora plays well through the Bluetooth link. The Accord is much quieter than my Mazda 3 so that is a nice change. It just feels like a more "grown-up" car. Obviously I can't speak to reliability yet but based on previous Honda products I have owned (1993 Honda CBR 1000F, 2003 Honda AquaTraxx, 1991 and 1995 Acura Legends) I feel confident that reliability will not be a concern. My Sport is the black onyx and looks very sharp. To me the Accords look much better in person. Pictures don't seem to catch all the lines and compound curves of the body.

Honda Accord Sport-good value among competition
By K Duffy

2014 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Good car overall for the money. Good fuel economy, looks sporty, typical Honda dependability!

Great Car But
By rgtoth

2014 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Good mileage in town or on highway. Great handling and responsive for 4 cyl. Road noise very pronounced at higher speeds on interstates especially on concrete pavement. It would be a No. 1 car if Honda could quiet it down. In fact the whole honda line including Acura have the same noise issues.
Lucky for me one day before the warrantee expired my transmission seal started to leak. It was fixed free of charge. Had it occurred at a later time it would have cost me $1000-1500.