Used 2014 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 113 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2014 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Navigation system is very slow
By D. Huynh

2014 Honda Accord EX-L w/Navigation 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I noticed the built in navigation system is quite a bit slow compare to the stand-alone unit. The display is confusing when you get to the intersection. Worst is when I got to a stop sign, the display just froze because it needed more time (probably about 10 seconds or more) to figure it out and to update the display. I couldn't just stop there and waited until the display is update. I got lost 3 times in a trip and waste about 15 minutes because I had to turn around. The system is good if you travel in high-ways or big roads, when you got into small roads that is when it got screw-up. Even on the high-way, a few times, the exit display gets update just as you got very close or passed the exit! You don't have time to react. The problem I think is the system is TOO SLOW and perhaps the software needs to be update. The conclusion is this system is unsafe (you need to spend more time to figure thing out or you have to make a quick move to get into the right exit), waste your time and gas because you have to turn around. If I have to give it a grade, it would be between a D and an F

2014 Accord Sport Strut Problem
By Dan

2014 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I don't normally write negative reviews but this will be an exception. There are three things that are less than expected for a car that has the reputation that Honda has. First the road noise was a lot louder than it should be, but being a sport model might be the reason for that. Second the radio reception is the worst that I've ever had in a car. Third I had to have the driver's side rear wheel bearing replaced at 12,523 miles then the passenger's side rear wheel bearing replaced at 21,273 miles. This was done under the warrantee, but when I asked if there could be a reason for wheel bearings to fail with such low mileage, I was told that they were just defective. They were replaced at no charge to me so I didn't think any more about it. After returning from a driving vacation my wife and I heard the familiar roar of worn wheel bearings so I took it to the dealer again to have it fixed again. The car only has 26,000 miles on it. I was told that it was not the bearings this time but the rear tires were "cupped" because of being out of alignment. I asked how bad it was because the car doesn't pull one way or the other. They checked and found that it was not out of alignment (I have the readout) on their own machine but they still said it was out and needed new tires and an alignment. I went to the tire dealer (not sure if I should use company names but this is a well-respected national chain). They told me that "cupped tires are not an alignment issue and that my struts were "shot". They said that's what causes tires to "cup" or "chop". I talked to several mechanics and researched this issue on the internet to find that the tire people were right. As a reference in this case, I had my tires checked for alignment and again found that they were good. I approached the car dealer's service department about my findings and asked if the struts were covered under the warrantee. They said yes if they were bad, but they said they were not bad because they weren't leaking and would not replace them. I called Honda America to see if they would help me with this. Their policy is to not accept "third party" solutions to problems. To make a long story a little shorter, Honda will not stand behind this problem. Having new struts installed would cost over $725.00 just for the rear struts plus to replacement tires to match the one that are on the front of the car would cost over $600.00 plus a four wheel alignment $100.00. Honda's recommendation was to replace the two rear tires and get an alignment. After the research and recommendations of several mechanics, that would be a waste of time and money as the cupping problem would continue and I would see the same problem in another 20,000 to 25,000 miles, wearing out tires in half their lifetime. So even Honda's have problems and if there is a way Honda can get out of fixing the problem under warrantee, they will.

Honda Accord Sport
By Rob

2014 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Good dependable car

Scary tires
By s. brown

2014 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Had to change all 4 tires after only 10m miles due to factory installed low friction tires. No longer safe driving in rain much less in snow. Changed to better quality tire and no longer have traction issues.

Car stalls and doesn't crank
By Rich

2014 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I wouldn't recommend buying the 2014 Honda Accord. It has a major safety issue and it isn't reliable. I've called AAA several times for a jumpstart. The dealer says there isn't a problem with the car but they are WRONG!. I bought the car new and emergency jumper cables were included with the purchase. Hmm, I wonder why?