Used 2013 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 198 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2013 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

First 100,000 miles on car in the books!
By William

2013 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Really loving this car! It's been worry free and totally reliable! I have done routine maintenance without major issues. Full synthetic oil change every 5,000 miles, transmission fluid change every 30,000 miles, front brake pads/brake fluid changed at 75,000, K&N permanent air filter I clean & charge as needed, , cabin filter changes as needed, new battery at about 90,000 miles, and I started running Shell V power nitro+ 93 octane at about 80,000 miles. I was skeptical about the gas upgrade until I ran a tank and saw the difference in performance, as well as improved mileage, so I'm a believer now. For the extra cost of basically a small Starbucks coffee per tank, it's worth it IMHO. I don't drink Starbucks myself, but I will treat my car to a "Starbucks"! I got 652 miles on the last tank of gas, awesome! Currently on my 2nd set of tires. First set, Michelin MXV4's lasted 54,000 miles, now running upsized Michelin Premier 225/55-17 with almost 50, 000 on them. Will probably go back to 215/55/-17 size next go around, as mileage dropped off more than expected for new tire d/t increased surface area. As other probably have noted, the infotainment system sometimes gets hung up with my iphone, dealership said Honda tried to get Apple to help but no recourse due to "proprietary information", so no update. Eh, it's not THAT bad of an issue, usually just turn off and back on again to reset it and it's fine, plus it only happens occasionally with initial sync once you start the car. Not a big deal for me. I've had a rare "false" low tire pressure alarm, but guys at Discount Tire say that's not unusual for any TPMS during times of temp swings, which is when they've happened. Both sets of tires have worn evenly, steering is true, and this with never having performed 4 wheel alignment. I'm debating on actually doing the alignment with third set of tires, if for no other reason just to fine tune and keep things from freezing up where you can't adjust if need be. I've got a major service coming up at 105,000 miles, plugs, oil/filter, coolant change. Serpentine belt fine so far so Honda Specialist shop said will monitor. Also, it's nice having a timing chain so lifetime deal there typically. I would not hesitate to buy a used 2013 with 100,000 plus miles in the future if I knew the prior owner took care of it, and in fact I'm thinking of doing just that, get a used one for my kids.

good car but room for improvement
By Doug Burkhart

2013 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

It is a very good car overall. The last car I had was a 2004 EX V6 which I thought was an excellent car. This car has more tech and safety features but fewer luxury features. Also, the driver's seat is too soft for me. I've had more problems with this car in 4 years than my last one in 8+ years. I plan to get a small SUV soon because it should be easier getting in and out.

Best Car in Decades!
By Ray Watters

2013 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I was looking for a low price quality sedan and I certainly got it with the Accord! I bought it new mid-2013 and now have over 62,000 miles on it. The car handles well and is comfortable. If I were to post a negative, it would be the road noise, however, it's not all that bad.

Great Purchase
By Allison McKenzie

2013 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Glad I purchased! Clean smooth feel for my commuter vehicle.

3 weeks in without regrets
By Arslan Tajammul

2013 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Driving my Lexus '07 was costing too much and I needed a commuter car for my 80 mile daily commute and wanted something that was used, comfortable, cheaper on gas and had good safety features. I rented an avalon for 5 days but was completely turned off by how stiff it was on the road and had no seat support. I also test drove a Camry but I wanted something higher end. The safety features that come with the EXL and higher were the deciding factor for me in buying this car and I got the EX-L which had the leather and these features. I've done about 1500 miles on the Accord already and felt ready to write my review.
The safety features of lane departure, left lane camera, and frontal warning are excellent and I figure even if just once in 5 years they help avoid an accident and save someone else's health/life this is worth it. Driving 90% on the highway I am getting 35mpg for the tank which is also very good. The car is very intelligent and has responsive handling.
The only two knocks on this car (as the expert reviews accurately say) are road noise at higher speeds and it being a firmer ride but even with it being firm it is still comfortable. Toyota/Lexus are definitely more comfortable of a ride.

Updated review after 12,000 miles (4 months later)
I am regularly achieving about 41-44+ mpg on the highway when I cruise at a reasonable speed and still getting a cumulative 35 mpg on the tank with 85% highway driving and about 550 miles per tank. No mechanical issues thus far and I'm still loving the overall look of the Accord.
Most of the complaints about Accord's seats are with the clothe interior. The leather interior is excellent and comfortable.
A few negatives to consider:
1. My biggest negative about this car remains the ride quality. I had major surgery a few months ago and found myself unable to drive the Accord because the "road feel" is just too much and the bumps were really affecting my recovery. A month later and I'm all healed up and I'm doing just fine with this car now. If you end up driving on the highway and on smoother city roads (which is my case), you'll be alright with this car, but if your city has bumpy roads be prepared for a very bumpy ride. Please also keep in mind that tire pressure and the tires make a big difference on ride quality
2. The interior is too noisy to the point where I have to now wear headphones to listen to certain lectures (I only exclusively listen to lectures in my car, no music or radio) if the sound quality is not the best. I have also started to use the headphones when talking on the phone for important calls because the bluetooth has a lot of background noise due to the car interior