Used 2013 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 202 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2013 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

BMW wannabe
By kaarlo

2013 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Have 3000 miles on 2013 Honda Sedan, 6 spd trans. 60 years old and this is first Honda I've ever bought, wouldn't be the last if they build them all like this. Very impressive car. Runs great, smooth firm ride, handles like a BMW. Getting 33 MPG average w/36+ on freeways. Looked at the Jetta but liked the different standard features on the Accord better plus the Accord had a longer wheelbase for the freeway. Had to get the upscale package on the Jetta to get the rear view camera and larger more powerful engine. Wife is mad, thought I was getting the coupe. Says she won't drive a granny 4 door car. Hard to look disappointed when you can't stop smiling.

Rear view back up camera. Thought it might be a novelty but I use it more than I thought I would. Firm ride and long wheelbase gives great ride on freeway and mountain roads. Powerful 4 cylinder engine really pulls the car up hills with better then advertised gas mileage. Standard car was loaded with enough features that I didn't see the need to get any upgraded packages. Would make a great first car for college graduates. Overall I am extremely happy with the Accord. I win the lottery I might think about getting the V6 Model. Maybe.

Split fold down rear seat with larger opening from trunk to rear seat. Might be available on upgraded packages but entire rear seat back folds down on standard model. Lack of color choices on standard manual trans car. Only 2 colors, really ? What prompted that decision ? Emergency flasher button in more accessible location.

Much better than I imagined!
By rootdown

2013 Honda Accord Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Accord Sport w/ the 6sp is amazing! I have been a die hard Honda fan, but always liked the Civic model.
Traded in the '08 Civic 5sp manual for this, and have been blown away by the difference in the first 650 miles.
The manual transmission is smooth, the engine is quick to respond, and it's got lots of power I often peel out in between gears when having fun with it.
The quality of the cabin/exterior just feels like it's going to last forever, and I'm looking to push this car over 300,000 miles in the years to come!

MPG calculations; getting over 34 mpg on daily commute 25% city/75% freeway; Digital screen display; 18" rims; dual exhaust; 2.4L engine; fun to drive; solid interior; backup camera.

Nothing, Honda got this one right!

Honda Accord Sport 6M
By jonus0001

2013 Honda Accord Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Bought this car four months ago and have 1300 miles on it.
The car is very comfortable and fun to drive.
Unfortunately, the car has been back to the dealer 5 times .
The seals around the drivers side window are bad.
The car sounds like a wind tunnel above 60 mph.
In addition, some part is bouncing around in the dash making a constant rattle.
The local dealership and Honda North American did nothing to fix the problem until I made it clear I was filing a lemon law complaint.
Build quality of this first year model has been below normal for Honda's usual high standards.

Comfortable seats, smooth manual transmission, firm but compliant suspension, lots of space for tall people, and very fun to drive!

First year model has build quality issues.

'13 Honda Accord Sport (6MT)
By flcarguy323

2013 Honda Accord Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I'll give the skinny to anyone seriously interested in buying the Accord Sport (MT).
Buy it.
I drove an Altima and the '14 Mazda 6 and neither one compared.
I did not get a chance to drive the CVT version of the Honda Sport (never considered getting a CVT auto), so I cannot honestly review that car.
But the 6 speed manual rocks.
Short throws, very light clutch, responsive throttle.
A pure joy to drive.

If you're looking for an affordable, fun car, you simply can't go wrong with the Accord Sport.
I'm partial to driving manuals, and am amazed at what a great deal it is.
I got mine for $21,800, with a nice dealer installed package thrown in.

8" infotainment screen with nice glare protector. Closable compartment in dash. Upgraged sport-cloth seats. Love the large spedometer and clean, intuitive gauges.

Get rid of the single folding rear seat. That's just dumb. I don't fold my rear seats down much so it wasn't a deal-breaker for me. Others may not agree though. Allow for the trunk to be opened via the key. If you're outside the car, the only way to open the trunk is via the key FOB. Sometimes it takes a few presses to engage it. Lastly, get rid of the split driver's side mirror. It's more annoying than it helps, but it isn't as bad as I'd imagined.

Very Impressed!
By dano100

2013 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I leased an EXL and the car has exceeded my expectations. Having driven a 2007 Infiniti G35X the last 6 years I was prepared for a letdown. Although the Accord is no sports sedan it fulfills my current needs. It is very comfortable, roomy, stylish and gets outstanding gas mileage.
The CVT performs flawlessly and although I was originally hesitant about it I now prefer it to the traditional 5 speed auto in the previous Accords.
My only complaint is the sound quality of the stereo. It's mediocre at best.

Update: on November 1, 2013 we were returning to Ohio from a vacation in Florida. Traffic was stopped due to a disabled vehicle in the middle lane on I 65N in Nashville Tn. I had to come to a complete stop as the disabled vehicle was in my lane. Cars and trucks were traveling at 65-75mph. Within 15 sec. of stopping we were rear ended by a Chevy Astro Van towing an enclosed trailer. We were driven into the disabled vehicle with such impact it knocked it forward 50 yards. To my amazement the Accord's cabin remained completely intact although the front and rear end of the car were unrecognizable. My wife was in the front seat with no visible injuries and my 90 yr. old mother in law was sitting behind me in the back seat and her injuries were slight. A piece of interior trim on the C pillar broke off and hit the back of her head, leaving an egg sized contusion. She had a few cuts from the rear window shattering. All three of us suffered from minor whiplash but that is it. The officer on the scene and one ambulance attendant both remarked about how safe the Accord kept us. GREAT JOB HONDA!!!!! I can't say enough about how grateful we are to have walked away from such a horrific accident. Honda's ACE body structure is no sales pitch, it's a well engineered safety passenger compartment.