Used 2013 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 232 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2013 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Nice car with some issues..
By richardaherold

2013 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Bought car in April 2013, put 8000 miles on, mostly highway.
Accord is comfortable and a solid ride.
However:

-- GPS system is terrible. My $200 Garmin has a superior interface.
GPS estimates of "time to go" until arrival are WAY off and Honda America can't find the problem.
At dealer today my Honda estimated 15 hours to drive from DC to Savannah. A new Accord on lot estimated 9 hours, which is correct.

-- Car rides too low to ground resulting in ridiculous damage from moderate road issues.
After driving on FDR expressway in NYC, where right lane has some bumps due to repair work, the Accord's fender liner fell off and right fog light enclosure fell off.
$400 to repair!

Great car with some design issues
By ee2

2013 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

It has great power, gets decent gas millage, it is pretty comfortable to drive. A few minor changes are called for and one MAJOR one. The cup holders are right behind the stick shift, so as you shift, you are constantly hitting the cups/straws/tall water bottles. The windshield wipers on mine streak alot. At about 1000 miles I changed the rubber on my dime (OEM Honda). Made no difference.

The major issue is that the hands free bluetooth software seems to have been designed by an engineering school drop out. The text reading is almost incomprehensible. No point in it since it does not make driving safer if you can't understand it. Phone book features are terrible.

Update @ 44k miles: I have taken this car on several long trips >5 hrs long. The seats are not comfortable for long trips. I end up with lower back pain, hips hurt and get tight and no matter how I adjust the seat, I can't get it comfortable. Honda makes very reliable cars, I have not done anything to mine since I got it other than oil changes. I have always had Hondas and they all have had at least 200k miles before replacing them. However, my next car is not going to be Honda. They need to learn to make a more comfortable car. They get many things right, but I don't think their focus is on comfort. My highest criteria now is comfort. I can get comfort and reliability from other brands (Lexus)

Update @52k miles: It's official, this car SUCKS for long trips. Very uncomfortable on a long trip I took recently. I drove about 1700 miles in a week and I paid the price.

It consumes about 1 qt between oil changes, that is alot by my standards for a new car and by Consumer Reports standards as well. It is pathetic that my 15 year old Civic with 230k miles on it didn't consume any oil, but my brand new Accord has consumed oil since day 1.

I'm impressed with the OEM tires that came with the car. I still have tread left on the tires, which is impressive since the last Honda I bought, the OEM tires had to be replaced @35k miles.

This is a very reliable car. I have not had to do anything other than put gas in it and change the oil. I wish they would figure out the oil consumption issue with these cars. They are fixing the really excessive ones (>1 qt/1000 miles), but what about those that consume less? Not sure how you draw the line.

Think twice before buying this vehicle
By rtlh

2013 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

For all the good Honda has had over the years, they really messed up with this car. And I am a 2nd time Honda owner. The 2003 Accord I had was the best car I ever had and that is why I decided to go with another one.

The CVT transmission is lousy. The car buckles and stutters, especially on acceleration. Have had it back to the dealer and even had Honda look at it but they insist nothing is wrong. They even said that the stutter is part of the CVT technology. These transmissions are put in for fuel economy. But at the expense of this kind of performance is un acceptable.

All I can say is Honda will have a very difficult time selling these vehicles if this continues.

Very nice interior and sharp exterior. Car is very roomy. Good fuel economy.

They need to get their act together on the transmission. Also a lock on the glove and more room in the interior storage consoles would be nice.

Best Value for Luxury features.
By clivettej

2013 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I love this car! It is truly a "personal assistant." Great on gas mileage with the econ feature. Love the side camera where you can view the side of your car when changing lanes. Blue tooth. Nice leather seats, moonroof, and an extremely comfortable ride. [non-permissible content removed].

Econ Option; Side camera, Text msg alert, and It reads your text messages to you while driving. Bluetooth. Moonroof. Display screen options. there are so many. Love it all.

Perfection!

Honda got this model right!
By tony181

2013 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

After 3 Camrys we went with an Accord this time around. Honda did a great job tweaking various things to significantly improve what had been a very good car for many years.

Handling and ride superb for this price class. Fine blend of power and gas mileage. Went with EX-L because of several features we really wanted.

Recently returned from a 1600 mile trip. Very comfortable car on this long trip.

One negative: tire pressure monitor system frequently gives false notice of pressure problem.

Still a very good, reliable car. Tire wear has been very even and good (as has brakes). Also has been good in the snow.