Used 2013 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 202 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2013 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Nice, but Horrible Stereo !
By pjd10

2013 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L w/Navigation 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Overall I'm happy with this car. Looks nice, fun to drive, good gas mileage and comfortable.
My only beef with this car is the poor quality stereo system. During the test drive
my focus was on so many things that I that I really didn't check the sound system out like I should have. I took it for granted that Honda put in a good stereo like on my last Honda. They didn't!
Honda, if you read these reviews, please come up with a fix for this.

Sharp looks and good gas mileage.

Please do something to improve THIS stereo. I paid good money to get the top of the line Accord with a supposed "Premium Sound System". You really need to address this.

EX-L 4cyl after 4 months 7500mi
By accordlady

2013 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Traded in my '06Accord after 138K.
Mostly this is a solid car with good acceleration and comfort, especially the leather seats.

I read the CVT was jerky, but after the test drive, decided it was not enough to bother me.
After 7K, the jerkiness was worse esp when it was cold.
Dealer said this was normal.
But if you must drive slowly at first thru a residential area, be prepared, it can get on your nerves after a while.
But once on the road and able to accelerate, it is very smooth.
The only other thing I am disappointed about is the stereo system.
After paying almost $30K for a car, you would expect a decent system.
This is not one.

Acceleration Comfortable Seats Driving - not quite as sporty as my '06 Accord, but good enough for us aging types; quieter, better riding. Standard backup camera on all models; love it. Also love the right change-lane camera.

Fix the jerky CVT, or loose it. Stereo system - Honda should be ashamed of it. If you are a casual listener, you may be OK, but if you like your music , go find another car. One where the subwoofer actually works and the back speakers actually have normal sound coming out of them. (Dealer says there is nothing wrong with it)

2013 Honda Accord - my 1st Honda
By 4cypress

2013 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Yes, my 1st Honda so expectation was high.
I have gotten a Nissan Frontier & Sentra before and had owned and driven countless others.
Before getting this I was debating between Toyota Camry & Hyundai Sonata; didn't test drive and went straight to Honda instead.

Good = Roomy & comfy w/ nice design. ect..
Bad = Wind noise! Cold reverse doesn't catch so fast. Black fabric is a lint magnet. Done.

Best damn car EVER!!!
By adarchon

2013 Honda Accord Sedan Touring V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car new, and love every second of it. I have topped out @ 42MPG's on the hwy. and for a 6-cyl that is not hybrid. It took some getting used to since it is a new car. There have been a great many biased reviewers that have never even bought the car. I feel that it is better that someone who owns the car should say what issues I am having. I have no idea what these people are talking about! I have had the car for 3 months and have had none of the issues people are claiming, it has been perfect! Beautiful car, and get lots of compliments. Don't believe what others are saying, go test it out yourself, I warn you, you may end up driving it home!

LED Headlights and LED DRL's ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) smooth comfortable ride super quiet interior quality and fit and finish fuel economy smart access roominess stereo and layout Power and handling everything!!

Wheels, Why does Canada get the 18" wheels that the Sport and V6 coupe does but not the US Touring?!?? More power to the amplifier controlling the subwoofer, it is too under-powered!

First Impressions
By tintinmilou

2013 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

It's a Honda.
And despite the slap of the 2011 and 2012 models, the 2013 Honda is back.
My mom had a Honda 600, a CVCC Civic, and a CRX.
Dad had an '87 Accord.
We have an Odyssey, a Civic, and now we have a brand new Accord.
I'm not married to Honda.
We looked at Toyota, Mazda, Subaru, and Volkswagen.

Our new Accord is not even through its first tank of gas.
My first impressions:
Highway, 38MPG with the "Econ" button pushed.
26MPG in town.
We have the EX-L 4-cyl with all the nice gadgets.
The rear-view camera with three modes is great.
The lane departure and distance warning are pretty weak and unreliable.
Fit & Finish are excellent.
Power is great.
Ride is a little firm
Driving down the central valley from Davis, CA to Mission Viejo, CA, I got 42.5 MPG for the first 300 miles. Getting into hillier country at the end reduced the overall 450 mile average to 40 MPG. I still made the entire drive with a little less than a quarter of a tank of gas left.
Last Impressions: My Accord may have saved my life. It certainly saved me from injury. I was stopped, and got rear-ended by a Hyundai sedan going about 40 MPH. At least it push my Accord about 40 feet, and accordioned the rear end right up to the back of the passenger seat. The car was totaled after only two years of ownership. I walked away with a skinned knee.