Used 2013 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 230 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2013 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

It's been excellent, with some exceptions
By fuguf1sh

2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6 w/Navigation 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just ticked over 17000 miles with my 2013 Accord EX-L V6 (with Nav). Other than the initial connectivity problems with the audio head unit they have been trouble-free. The car performs well and is capable of some excellent fuel economy. I have had highway drives of over 42MPG which is extraordinary given the 278hp V6. The 6AT trans is smooth and responsive. It has excellent fit and finish, a smooth and quiet but busy ride, reasonable handling given LRR tires, excellent interior and trunk room. The interior remains tight and rattle free.

Smooth, powerful V6 with VCM that returns excellent fuel economy with over a 500 mile range. Easily meets and exceeds the EPA 34 highway rating. The car is bipolar. with the ECO button pressed it is a docile family cruiser. With ECO off, the car comes alive and is capable of excellent acceleration. Excellent 6AT transmission (tainted by Honda's Grade Logic.) Comfortable leather seats, excellent legroom for all passengers. Clear, modern gauges and displays. Some luxury touches, ambient lighting, memory seats for the driver. Quiet interior, smooth but busy ride over rough pavement. BSM camera in right mirror. Collision Warning system.

Audio unit was unusable until Honda issued a firmware update. Still a bit buggy with Aha/iPod interface. Some wind noise around B pillars on the highway. Grade Logic is too aggressive, and uses engine braking to control your speed downhill. I have had the car suddenly downshift from 6-4th @4000RPM using CC on a mild hill. Let the driver control their speed Honda. HVAC controls are rows of buttons req. you to take your eyes off the road to adjust. Navi is bad, controls lag, voice recog. is terrible and is locked out in motion to the point of uselessness. All the electronics/smartphone integration in the car are poorly designed. My 2012 Entune sys. was much better.

small oil leak from CVT transmission seal to engine
By gmount

2013 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I purcahased a new accord sport July 15 2013 with 3 miles on it. At my first oil change at 6500 miles, I noticed a small oil leak (1 drop) where the CVT bolts to the engine. I took it to the dealer for a warranty repair.Possible torque convert seal issue. I will post more details when the repair is finished. I am dissapointed about Honda transmission problems this early in the game. I will say the dealer was quick (no appointment) and offered a shuttle to work. If all goes well and the problem does not return all is good. sound like many people will face this same trouble. Fix it before the 30,000 miles waranty expires.

All the USB, blutooth, and other connections for Phones. Great mileage!

they should have added "KeyLess entry" and "keyless Start" to this model! Also higher RMP redline (10,00RPM) with a little added horse power and torque)

Steering Wheel Noise & Break Noise
By inkwell4ll

2013 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2013 Honda Accord V6 used with 10k miles on the odometer; I now have 12k after a month of driving.
I’ve noticed the ticking noise in the steering wheel and a metal on metal scraping noise coming from the brakes.
I’m taking it to the dealer tomorrow for their diagnostics of the problem.
The exterior redesigned is one of major reasons I settled on the Honda not to mention its track record for reliability.
The DNA of this car is Honda, I’m positive the engineers were not shooting for a 4dr NSX when they redesigned the Accord.
With that being said, what I was looking for was a middle of the road transporter with decent gas mileage.

I enjoy the V6 power and the ability to refuel the vehicle with unleaded fuel. The size of the vehicle is substantial and comfortable enough. The technology meets the comforts standards of our day-to-day electronic life. The layout of the instrument panel and ergonomics are thoughtful. The touchscreen and the use of actual buttons work well together, not to many buttons and not to many touch features. Again, it is a Honda Accord and its target audience is the practical commuter with an affordable price tag.

I recommend an upgrade in the seat cushion material; I’m not sold on the electronic mapping of the econ feature, which reduces power for optimal fuel efficiency. If the side mirrors would cant downward automatically while backing would be a welcome safety measure. If Honda can rectify the aforementioned issues, and their track record of reliability remains, I will be pleased with the purchase of this vehicle.

Great ride, needs more standard options
By k_rock

2013 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

This is my 2nd Honda, but first Accord, I had an 02 CRV that I loved but needed an upgrade and better mpg. I feel in love with the Accord exterior and really like the pick up that it has for a 4 cylinder.
I decided to stay with the Honda brand as I had over 220K miles on mine and the only maintenance that I did was tune ups and standard oil changes, brakes, etc. I may be spent 2K on mechanical issues over the 10 years that I owned it.

I love how the controls are easily, much better than in my 02 crv, I kept having to reach way forward to change radio stations.

I was a little disappointed with the features that we not on the passenger side with the seat.

The things that I absolutely love are: Mpg!! Heated seats Bluetooth connectivity to play my music Forward collision warning Lane departure warning Blind spot monitor Adjustable driver seat Keyless entry and push button start The exterior sporty look

There are 3 different mpg views for the dash screen, but no way to see a digital speedometer. I commute 2 and a half hours a day and have back issues, so I need to have my seat high but, my steering wheel low. Where the steering wheel is now I can not see ow fast I am going. The lumbar support does not adjust up or down for the driver. There is no adjustable seat height or lumbar support for the passenger which I thought was really weird. Remote starter is an extra….and when you have one professional installed at the dealer there is no integrated remote starter, meaning you need two key remotes. One key for the remote starter and one for operating the vehicle.

An update.
By barkman003

2013 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

6 months in to my ownership, and I love this car. Have averaged 32.5 mpg since new with 70/30, highway/city driving. Minneapolis to chicago trip, averaged 38.5 mpg. you get use to the cvt, but it really does work well overall. Even a lot of regular transmissions are twitchy sometimes. The seats are comfortable for long hauls and the car is easy to drive. The Pandora app is very nice, and the car syncs with my iphone 5 quickly. The black color is still gorgeous. The paddle shifters make it easy to downshift even when the car is in drive, which is useful for some spirited driving, or slowing without braking. I recommend this car to a lot of people, and a couple of them have bought one.

The styling, the fabric seats, the pandora app, paddleshifters, good outward visibility, great gas mileage, lots of headroom, power seats, trunk space.

Better tires than Eagle Ls, better stereo,