Used 2013 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 201 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2013 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Still in the Honeymoon, but Feeling Much Love
By eljefe68

2013 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

My wife's '04 VW Passat GLS 4Motion came to its deserving end due to an accident and subsequent declaration as a total loss.
We were looking at CUV's, but cost and fuel economy were concerns.
My wife had 3 requests: better MPG, a moonroof, and cloth seats.
In looking at sedans, I just could not see a boring Camry, and the spotty build quality of our Passat soured me on another VW.

I found our 2013 Accord EX, Alabster Silver with black interior as a CPO car with just 12,800 miles on it.
To my amazement, my wife, who has accused me of being a blinded Hondaphile, said, after driving this Accord, that it "spoke" to her.
Four days into ownership, both of us are very pleased.

Peformance: New Earthdreams K24 has torque! CVT that nearly behaves like a standard slushbox. 185HP and so far getting in the high 20s in mostly city driving. For a four door family car, it handles wonderfully. The ride is firmer but is still comfortable, even on bumpy Houston roads. Exterior: The wife likes the color, handsome styling, fog lights. Interior: Comfortable Front Seats, Roomy back seat, power driver's seat, blue-tooth connectivity, auto climate control.

Truly niggles: better exhaust note - to my ears it just sounds a little buzzy. I plan getting the accessory door sills to add some protection and pop, and possible also the cargo net or cargo hooks.

Hondalink is CRAP!!!
By kjasmine

2013 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L w/Navigation 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

This system does not work 50% of the time. It does not understand voice commands 70% of the time. It does not retain speed dial numbers. It does not accept Gracenote updates for the HDD. It takes 10 minutes after starting to allow you to access controls for
audio using the knobs but prompts use of voice commands which do not WORK!!!

Seat warmers, gas economy, sun roof, safety.

Vast improvements on the Hondalink feature are needed. It's frustrating as this car is not cheap and I expect to last for the next 10 years.

It's been excellent, with some exceptions
By fuguf1sh

2013 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V6 w/Navigation 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just ticked over 17000 miles with my 2013 Accord EX-L V6 (with Nav). Other than the initial connectivity problems with the audio head unit they have been trouble-free. The car performs well and is capable of some excellent fuel economy. I have had highway drives of over 42MPG which is extraordinary given the 278hp V6. The 6AT trans is smooth and responsive. It has excellent fit and finish, a smooth and quiet but busy ride, reasonable handling given LRR tires, excellent interior and trunk room. The interior remains tight and rattle free.

Smooth, powerful V6 with VCM that returns excellent fuel economy with over a 500 mile range. Easily meets and exceeds the EPA 34 highway rating. The car is bipolar. with the ECO button pressed it is a docile family cruiser. With ECO off, the car comes alive and is capable of excellent acceleration. Excellent 6AT transmission (tainted by Honda's Grade Logic.) Comfortable leather seats, excellent legroom for all passengers. Clear, modern gauges and displays. Some luxury touches, ambient lighting, memory seats for the driver. Quiet interior, smooth but busy ride over rough pavement. BSM camera in right mirror. Collision Warning system.

Audio unit was unusable until Honda issued a firmware update. Still a bit buggy with Aha/iPod interface. Some wind noise around B pillars on the highway. Grade Logic is too aggressive, and uses engine braking to control your speed downhill. I have had the car suddenly downshift from 6-4th @4000RPM using CC on a mild hill. Let the driver control their speed Honda. HVAC controls are rows of buttons req. you to take your eyes off the road to adjust. Navi is bad, controls lag, voice recog. is terrible and is locked out in motion to the point of uselessness. All the electronics/smartphone integration in the car are poorly designed. My 2012 Entune sys. was much better.

small oil leak from CVT transmission seal to engine
By gmount

2013 Honda Accord Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I purcahased a new accord sport July 15 2013 with 3 miles on it. At my first oil change at 6500 miles, I noticed a small oil leak (1 drop) where the CVT bolts to the engine. I took it to the dealer for a warranty repair.Possible torque convert seal issue. I will post more details when the repair is finished. I am dissapointed about Honda transmission problems this early in the game. I will say the dealer was quick (no appointment) and offered a shuttle to work. If all goes well and the problem does not return all is good. sound like many people will face this same trouble. Fix it before the 30,000 miles waranty expires.

All the USB, blutooth, and other connections for Phones. Great mileage!

they should have added "KeyLess entry" and "keyless Start" to this model! Also higher RMP redline (10,00RPM) with a little added horse power and torque)

Steering Wheel Noise & Break Noise
By inkwell4ll

2013 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2013 Honda Accord V6 used with 10k miles on the odometer; I now have 12k after a month of driving.
I’ve noticed the ticking noise in the steering wheel and a metal on metal scraping noise coming from the brakes.
I’m taking it to the dealer tomorrow for their diagnostics of the problem.
The exterior redesigned is one of major reasons I settled on the Honda not to mention its track record for reliability.
The DNA of this car is Honda, I’m positive the engineers were not shooting for a 4dr NSX when they redesigned the Accord.
With that being said, what I was looking for was a middle of the road transporter with decent gas mileage.

I enjoy the V6 power and the ability to refuel the vehicle with unleaded fuel. The size of the vehicle is substantial and comfortable enough. The technology meets the comforts standards of our day-to-day electronic life. The layout of the instrument panel and ergonomics are thoughtful. The touchscreen and the use of actual buttons work well together, not to many buttons and not to many touch features. Again, it is a Honda Accord and its target audience is the practical commuter with an affordable price tag.

I recommend an upgrade in the seat cushion material; I’m not sold on the electronic mapping of the econ feature, which reduces power for optimal fuel efficiency. If the side mirrors would cant downward automatically while backing would be a welcome safety measure. If Honda can rectify the aforementioned issues, and their track record of reliability remains, I will be pleased with the purchase of this vehicle.