Used 2012 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Super car
By Marquita Jones

2012 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent car and still looks new. Extremely dependable.

Solid, but...
By Chuck

2012 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought new, my first non-GM car owned in 27 years. FANTASTIC engine, 5AT anticipates your needs, go-kart like steering, decent ride quality, solid, dependable, does what it's supposed to do. Zero squeaks/rattles/creaks. Interior storage is impressive. HOWEVER, seat comfort is a personal preference - spend a good hour sitting in one before you buy. Very poor blind-spot visibility. OE Michelins wear like iron, but handicap high-speed turns. Condition the leather seats early and often. Paint chips easily. HandsfreeLink voice recognition is abysmal. 270 Watt sound system is OK, but not what I expected for the power rating. Audio/Clock/DIC settings are cumbersome. That said, I love the looks, the performance, and the overall quality. If I hear a rattle, it is my stuff, not the interior. The seats are FIRM, but hug you and wear well (if maintained). Brakes don't pulsate, squeak, or wear out prematurely. People nicknamed this the "O.M.M." (Old Man's Mustang) and I wouldn't disagree. For those of us in the snow-belt (FWD) without little kids (2 door) and who want serious passing power (J35 V6), you could do a lot worse. Zeibart cut the road noise and WeatherTech saved the carpet. I would do it all over again given my needs and the choices available then. Keep in mind that Honda dealer support is below even GM standards - charged $106 checkout fee (while under warranty) for a slow coolant leak they couldn't find. What Honda? Do you think I purposely drained my own coolant? Or did it just "evaporate"? Honda, you should have just ate the 1 hour diagnosis.

2012 Honda Accord EX-L-dissapointed
By taylor ford

2012 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This was my first car, I recently traded it in for a BMW X1 and couldn't be happier. While I am not someone who can tell you car specifics, I can say the overall safety and appeal of the car is not good. I am 5'4" and could not see out at all. Whether it was changing lanes, backing up or even seeing in front of me. I only test drove this car once and in the moment, I didn't notice it too bad because I didn't have a lot of previous experience to base off of. However, over the two years I owned this car I only put 20k miles on it because I felt so unsafe driving. I tried everything to be able to see out better; moving mirrors, changing the seat up and down, nothing worked! Also, this car was extremely loud on the road and the longer I owned it the louder it got. The interior of the car seemed very busy and cheap to me. The whole interior was really a bummer for me, it looked cheap, was hard to clean and the leather seemed very low quality. With all of the negatives being said, I will say the car never gave me any engine problems and did seem fairly reliable. The car served its purpose as a first car but I will never recommend this car to anyone for safety and overall appeal, I am much happier with my BMW!

Classic Accord
By Michael Kass

2012 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Even though I bought it "used", I got a great deal on a low mileage 2012 Accord V6 Coupe. Having owned 2 previously,
I found this one to be classic in its reliability and performance. No surprises. Good, reliable entertainment. The V6 is
nice, compared to my previous 4 cylinder Accords. People complain about the driver's side lumbar support as being "agressive".
This may be true for most people, however I have a weak back, and find the strong lumbar support to be a blessing. The
front seats themselves tend to be a bit "firm". They don't massage you or envelope you in comfort. That would be my only
complaint about the 2012 Accord.

Blown transmission.. Maintained
By John

2012 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased this car new, maintained it to Spec. Transmission blew at 120k miles.
Had to replace. :(