Used 2012 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 66 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2012 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Tips For 2012 Honda Owners
By Anthony

2012 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Hello, while this might not be the right place to put this information I hope someone can find It useful. I am currently in college and drive 50 miles a day highway. I purchased this car used two months ago and so far its been great! It is a 2012 special edition with 55,000 mi. Being a 2012 it isn't to advanced, but it works very well for me I love the layout and the controls. I will say that it is quite uncomfortable for me I am 6'2 and after about an hour of driving I get extremely stiff but for short drives it works out just fine. My gas millage is great in my opinion for the size of the car but below I have created a chart in which I have gathered data on my driving and my MPG and how I drive. The Fuel tank is 18.5 gallons which is very nice but when driving aggressively and over 65+ I have found that my average MPG is close to 23 (this is all highway) and driving more sensibly at around 55-60 I can usually get 30MPG Therefore with 23 Mpg you can go 425 miles on one tank while 555 miles on the other, giving you a difference of 129.5 miles dividing that by thirty in which you could use those miles if you drive smarter @30MPG you save 4.316 GALLONS PER FILL UP!! And lets say right now im from Texas and gas here is about 2.00 A gallon so you can save 8.60 A Fill UP!! Lets say you fill up 4 times a month so 8.60 X 4= 34.36 that you can save a month so by driving smarter you can save an entire tank of gas a month! And 34.36 X12 That's 412.33 DOLLARS A YEAR! (or about 22 fill ups on an empty tank) I hope you all find this information useful and maybe even save some money!:D Overall I would highly recommend this car to anyone it is pretty basic but gets the job done and efficiently!

Reliable
By RW

2012 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Third Honda. Always delivers good reliability and low mtce

2012 Honda Accord EX-L-dissapointed
By taylor ford

2012 Honda Accord EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This was my first car, I recently traded it in for a BMW X1 and couldn't be happier. While I am not someone who can tell you car specifics, I can say the overall safety and appeal of the car is not good. I am 5'4" and could not see out at all. Whether it was changing lanes, backing up or even seeing in front of me. I only test drove this car once and in the moment, I didn't notice it too bad because I didn't have a lot of previous experience to base off of. However, over the two years I owned this car I only put 20k miles on it because I felt so unsafe driving. I tried everything to be able to see out better; moving mirrors, changing the seat up and down, nothing worked! Also, this car was extremely loud on the road and the longer I owned it the louder it got. The interior of the car seemed very busy and cheap to me. The whole interior was really a bummer for me, it looked cheap, was hard to clean and the leather seemed very low quality. With all of the negatives being said, I will say the car never gave me any engine problems and did seem fairly reliable. The car served its purpose as a first car but I will never recommend this car to anyone for safety and overall appeal, I am much happier with my BMW!

No Support
By Robert

2012 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased a 1 year old Honda Accord For my daughter 2 years ago 10000 miles when purchased 39000 now and the Rack and Pinion steering went out read 2 message boards and found several (over 50 ) Honda Accord owners have had the same issue with low miles and yet Honda does NOT back there product $1200-$1500 to repair a 3-1/2 year old car that was $24000 when purchased Not a happy Customer
#Hondadoesnotbackthereproduct

Acceptable...Not Incredible
By Chuck M.

2012 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The 4 cylinder engine in the is EX rated at 190hp instead of 177 in lower trims. The car has nice acceleration and a strong transmission. Bigger inside than Camry and Fusion, and it's great for tall drivers. I'm 6' 3" and I have plenty of headroom with the sunroof even when wearing a ball cap. You can have someone you don't know sitting in the passenger seat and you'll both be comfortable due to lots of hip and shoulder room. I was disappointed to find out the EX trim does not come with an outside temp display in the odometer. Only EX-L's come with that. No fuel computer either unless you have the EX-L with nav. It does have a USB and a 6-disc changer but the stereo is eh. My biggest complaint far and away is the A/C blower. It's very weak. The dealer and 2 other repair shops verified that's just how Honda's are. Bummer but I'm gonna keep the car anyway since I got it 2k below book value. Happy Shopping !!