Used 2011 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 78 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

long gone the Honda myth of reliability
By kyrider

2011 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought a 2011 EX-L sedan and after 6 month I
started to experience steering wheel shake, took the car back to dealer more than 5 times and they can't find the problem. Last time they told me this is "normal" road noise.... go figure from a 6 months old car the wheel shakes like crazy and they can't find a problem !? If this is Honda quality I'm looking at other brands. Check forums for many many similar issues with the Honda Accords.

I contacted BBB to get this issue resolved because Honda is not making good on their warranty.

Over time Honda brand has slipped way down in quality/value. Look at other brands for better buy for your buck. Better options for same price @ other brands.

ok design, nice to drive when new (first 6 month)

Poor quality control and unqualified service personnel to resolve known issues. Dealers know about issues reported by consumers but they try to get you to believe they are normal.

Do your research before purchase,lots of complaints!
By 2011lemonlx

2011 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This will be the last Honda chosen, have also a 2005 model which is a great car. 2011 EX-L 4cyl is more like a lemon,driving 135 highway miles daily, speed 60-75mph, fuel mileage 26-27mpg,no mountains,1 person in the car, has issue with fuel tank when more than half filled you hear fuel splashing in the back giving impression of waterbed in the trunk. Hydroplaning starts at 55 mph with normal rain, rear brake pads wear prematurely,driver seat lumbar defective causing discomfort and requiring to adjust seat constantly to remain in the car. Leather is low quality, exterior appears cheap, "lighting section" left & right to license
plate is fake, would not recommend this vehicle.

Bluetooth, other: NONE

For Honda to take responsibility and acknowledge existing problems, described by many others. It will be much more expensive for Honda if those "taken" for a ride leave the brand and voice their disappointment.

Honda brand is degrading over time
By pierre6

2011 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We have owned Hondas in the past (1995 accord) and present (2007 Civic, 2004 Accord)
Purchased my 2011 Honda Accord EX and 11 months has passed and on 10,000 miles on the odometer. Below
are my observations:
First the Bad news:
(1)At 500 miles brought the car back to the dealer because the Air conditioner appeared that it did not blow cold Air. Compare it to 2004 Accord which uses the same Freon type which there was a big difference. The Dealer said that there was nothing wrong. But when it is Hot it takes forever to get cool in City driving. On the Highway it cools faster.

(2) The Auto lock/unlock system. When the Car reaches 10MPH, the doors automatic lock, if they are unlock for security. When the CAR stops and the gear shift is put in “Park” the Drivers door should unlock (Passenger door unlock if you program them, as per the Manual.) My problem is when the Car is put in “Park” then the driver’s door unlocks about 60% of the time.

(3) Third problem is Interior Noise. There is a creaking noise coming from the back seat. It does not respond that much to bumps in the road. It seems like two pieces of metal clicking. Most of the creaking noise is on normal smooth roads, but is very annoying.

(4) My last problem and the biggest issue are the front seats. They are very hard, and on long trips my legs and back side get numb. Additionally related to seating on the driver’s side, there is not comfortable place for my left arm to rest while holding the wheel.

NOTE: Our 2004 Honda Accord EX and 2007 Civic EX has been great since we purchased it new.

Good news:

(1) Very nice body style, which is Aerodynamic.
(2) Fuel economy is great, average 31 to 32.5 miles per gallon on the interstate (75MPH). Have not reached 34 yet as Honda has advertised.
(3) Reliability has always been great on our Honda’s
(4) This new style type is larger than older Accords like the 2004 accord.

My plan is to bring the car back to the dealer and address the issues noted above, and hope the problems get resolved.

As for the Seat problems, other people’s Seat complaint’s search (Websites) has no fix from the Dealers or the Manufacturer. Many people with this condition of the uncomfortable Seats have sold or traded in their Cars, with only a few hundred or thousand miles on the odometer. I am considering on doing the same thing. In closing, the Accord is better and worst in other areas. I still prefer to drive my 2004 Accord mostly because of comfortable seats especially on long trips!

(1)Very nice body style, which is Aerodynamic. (2)Fuel economy is great, average 31 to 32.5 miles per gallon on the interstate (75MPH). Have not reached 34 yet as Honda has advertised. (3)Reliability has always been great on our Honda’s

front Seats

Back to my roots...
By thunderhexed

2011 Honda Accord Sedan LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My first car in High School was an Artic White 1985 Accord LX sedan that my family and I put over 200K miles on - it had 60K on it when we bought it in 93. The car I was driving before my 2011 Accord sedan was a 2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe, which i THOUGHT was my dream car until I realized the headache it was to own - directional tires, premium gas, and electronic malfunctions galore - not to mention HORRIBLE paint that literally came off in chips - fast forward to 2011, and I traded it for my Accord. Its smooth, quiet, classy, GREAT on gas, gets compliments galore and I have piece of mind knowing that I have a reliable, quality vehicle to get me around town.

While it is a pretty big different to go from an almost 300HP posrts coupe to a 4 cylinder Accord, I was surprised at how much pep the car has. I have no trouble getting on interstates in traffic or passing, even with air on. The ride is supple yet firm and responsive. I love the dash layout - has a very euro look to it. Backseat passengers always comment on the ample amount of space. The polished metal with chrome door trim and handles make it look very classy and upscale. I had a spoiler added to the rear deck for added appeal. It gets the looks from the others at work who are getting out of their Benz's and BMWs and such. I can go almost two weeks on a full tank driving 60 miles a day.

Only issue I have to comment on is, being an audiophile, the standard cd system, while adequate for most, is weak in my opinion. I listen to alot of electronic music such as club/house/downtempo and chillout. The speakers sound fine while parked in a garage, but while on highways, i have to turn the system up almost to 20 to hear anything decent and I have to keep the bass on C or 0. I don't blast my music by anymeans cuz i can't stand distortion, but I will definitly be looking into upgrading the speakers and amp system in this car and possibly going with an EX with premium sound next time around!

I HATE IT!!!
By mreich1

2011 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my fourth Honda in less than 10 years and second accord, so that should tell you how much I have like Honda in the past.
Well, they really blew it on this car.
I truly hate this car.
I hate it so much, that when my lease was up on my Pilot, I replaced it with a Toyata, because Honda obviously does not care.
This car is way underpowered.
You hit the gas, and almost nothing happens.
Goes from 0-60 in about 10 seconds.
Try going up the hills in San Francisco.
You will stall unless you are in first gear.
This car should be offered only in a six cylinder.
I think I want my 1979 Dodge Colt back.
And gas mileage is terrible, of course it should get 25 mpg, it barely has an engine

comfortable

How about putting some more power into it.