Used 2011 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 105 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Great experience
By marissas

2011 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My Honda accord is comfy, roomie, I absolutely love it!!!!

Serves its purposes exactly as intended.. with a little bit of class..
By thunderhexed

2011 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Tired of the numerous issues I was having with my 2006 Infiniti G35 coupe, I decided it was time to get into something more practical and economical. Trying to dedide what to look at I just figured, hey, why not go back to my roots? My very first car in high school was a very clean and reliable 1985 Honda Accord LX. So off to the honda deealer I went.
The first Accord I test drove I purchased a polished metal Accord LX-P.
Granted, it doesn't perform like the Infiniti did, but this car just said to me, "hey!
It's ok, to slow down a bit and just enjoy the ride and drive!"
I feel safer, I can see better, the ride is firm yet supple and my insurance and fuel costs have dropped dramatically!

Being somewhat of a neatfreak, the first thing that caught my eye was how utilitarian the layout of the dash and interior are. No flashy, sparkly electronic gadgets to get in the way or break later - the dash reminds me of some of the older euro sedans such as BMW and Mercedes - very clean and aesthetically pleasing. The gas mileage is GREAT. In my infiniti, I was filling up with PREMIUM, once a week - in this car, I can go almost TWO WEEKS on a full tank and thats driving 30 miles one-way to work 5 days a week. The exterior fit and finish, looks almost like a BMW in the rear, I had chrome exterior handles and a spoiler added and tinted windows. I constantly get looks and compliments!

Being that the car is primarily plastic and vinyl on the interior, I think a little more soundproofing should be in order. Ive had the car for a year now and have almost 24K miles on it. For the most part, the car is still a dream to drive, mechanically, it has performed flawlessly, however, I have had to have it into the dealer twice for a rattle coming from the rear deck where the speakers are, and there is now a rattle in the front dash near the airbag area - comes and goes with temperature. Base speakers are weak, Bass has to stay on 2 and volume at 10 or below to avoid distortion. Overall, I know its not a high-end luxury sedean but it looks like one and is "almost" there. I'm happy.

Accord = back and neck pain
By ponygal1

2011 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Hated this car. Got rid of it after a year. Seats were extraordinarily uncomfortable and caused problems for the whole family. Headrests put your chin on your chest (neck, upper back pain), and the angle of the seats caused hip and low back pain.

I didn't expect much power, but the mileage wasn't even that great.

Cheap build quality - Honda ain't what it used to be.

My favorite feature? Why, the new car I bought to replace it.

A whole new car.

Accord EXL V-6 Blows Smoke
By trcolli

2011 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have 22k on my 2011 Accord EXL V-6 and it blows a blue/white smoke on hard acceleration. Looks like an old Volvo Diesel with smoke billowing in the in the mirror. Its done this since new - dealer says its common but not a problem?? Makes me wonder. This is the 3rd Accord I've owned, all previous 4cyl. Never had a problem with any of them.

Nav system easy to use and works good. Not as complicated as other brands. Decent mileage 28.5 overall -

Build a V-6 that doesn't smoke??

LOVE THIS ROCKET SHIP!
By robloe30

2011 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm very picky about what I drive, which is why I chose the Coupe. This car has beautiful lines, I can't tell you how many compliments I get on this car. I bought the Polished Metal with Black Leather and couldn't be more happier. I could easily see 10 years from now this car still turning heads. I really wanted to buy stick shift but after I saw the automatic came with the paddle-shifters I chose the automatic and couldn't be more happy. What is truly amazing is that I've seen used versions of my car selling for nearly what I paid for the car Brand NEW! Oh Honda, I love their re-sale value. That's exactly why I didn't buy the Genesis Coupe. Oh and did I mention the car is just BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Styling of the exterior is absoulty beautiful, it looks like a pin-up girl! lol The car just looks fast, but yet it oozzes luxary, from a Honda! I've even had people tell me "Nice Acura!" then I have to tell them, no it's a Honda. The seats are not the most comfortable, but I'm smart enough to realize that this is truly a sports car, and well, that kinda comes with the territory. The seats are built for cornering support not long grandma comfort trips. If I wanted soft comfortable seats I would have bought a min-van. The suspension is very well engineered. It corners like it's on rails! I have no problem taking turns that are posted 35 MPH at 55-60 MPH and the tires don't even make a sound.

I would like to see Honda improve the tone of the exhuast a bit. I wish they had put a little growl in the exhaust note, this is something I'm looking into. Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking for my car to sound like a motorcycle, just a throatier exhaust note to enhance the overall driving experience. Also I think for what we pay for this sports coupe, Navigation should come standard, but that's just my opinion. I would have liked to see 19" wheels standard on this car as well. Gas mileage could be better but I also could drive a little slower as well. I notice when I push it the car seams to get about 13-17 MPG, that's not very good. Dash materials could be better from a Honda product too