Used 2011 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Honda Accord Coupe

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Punchy!
By eberleb

2011 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Things I'm not crazy about:
Body styling- but I didn't buy this car for looks.
I bought it for the affordability with a good engine and a manual transmission.
Seats are kinda uncomfortable on road trips, but again I bought this car for performance, not comfort.

Things I really like:
Engine gets up and GOES!

2) 6 speed manual is really responsive and I can get power to the wheels very quickly when some idiot is doing 65 in the left lane and I have to zip around him and make him feel like the moron that he/she is.
3) Interior design is well thought-out.
All controls are easily within arms reach.
4) Bluetooth- 'nuff said.

Creature comforts coupled with performance= Great car!

08 Accord Coupe
By acc33

2011 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am reviewing a 2008 Honda Accord Coupe v6-L that I recently traded in at the end of my lease.
I dont think a whole lot with the car has changed in the past few years and I wanted to share my experience with the car.

For me this car is better on the highways than on city streets.
The suspension is rigid and you feel a lot of the bumps associated with city driving.
The car is long and wide so it's not nimble on narrow streets.
However, it is very smooth on the highways.
Corners great and really grips the road.
Acceleration is awesome.
Accord steering is the best out there and you feel "in touch" with the road.

The car does not do well in the snow.
Interior road noise significant.

Steering. Interior/exterior styling. Stock wheels look great. Driver/front passenger seats are pretty comfy and keep you in place. Dash looks great and its very easy to reach all the buttons and dials. Good storage space.

The worst thing about Accords is the interior road noise. Honda really needs to improve the sound dampening. It makes longer drives tough.

Disappointed
By hondafam3

2011 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a follow-up to my initial review. I now have 3,500 miles on my coupe and experienced the oil burning issue that I've noted in the comments of others re the VCM engine. My car burned a quart in 3,500 miles. Took it to the dealer. They called Honda and Honda said that up to 1 quart of oil usage per 1,000 miles is within an acceptable range. This is my 4th Honda. The first 3 never experienced this problem. Had Honda disclosed to me that I should expect the VCM engine to use a quart of oil every 3,500 miles I wouldn't have bought the car. The dealer offered no solution other than for me to call Honda and repeat their effort. I'm not optimistic and am very unhappy with my purchase.

Design, handling, power.

Fix the oil burning problem with the VCM technology or scrap it and solve the mileage problem with a 6-speed automatic transmission.

Honda does it again!
By gstavros

2011 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my 4th Honda. I love the solid feel of a Honda. It feels different than anything else on the road. I've had the Accord Coupe for about a month now. It drives about like I expected - super, but the big surprise has been the interior space. I am 6'2" and from the front seat, the cabin spreads up, out and down and envelopes me in comfort. The handling and braking are outstanding, and acceleration for a 4-cylinder is very nice. The complaint some have about the buttons is something I don't understand. I had them figured out in a day. But yeah, if you want big, toy-like dials, this isn't the car for you. Great trunk space and visibility for a coupe too.

The ride, the quiteness of the cabin, the instrumentation, the handling and braking, the brisk acceleration and highway passing prowess, the sleek exterior lines, the luxurious leather upholstery, the tremendous attention to detail that Honda puts in their cars, and the peace of mind that comes with owning one of the most reliable and high-value brands on the road. Oh, and getting the car at $1,300 under invoice with 0.9% financing didn't hurt.

I've driven the car everyday for a month, and I have only two very small suggested improvements: 1) the silver swoop on the interior of the doors is visually appealing, but it's in the exact place where one is likely to rest his/her left knee while cruising and is therefore ergonomically ill-placed; and 2) it would be nice if the iPod interface displayed the name of the songs instead of just the track number. Other than that, it's all good!

Love My Accord Coupe, Just NOT the Bluetooth
By really1

2011 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love the car.
The Ride is great because of the excellent double wishbone front suspension (wish it was still in the back also).
The 4 cyl needs more torque.
The Bluetooth is the worst of the manufacturer's system's.

My Ford Sync was FAR superior.
The Accord is a better drive though.

No Satellite radio without leather! Really??

Handling, Engine/Transmission, Gas Mileage, Ride

Better Bluetooth. Less Road Noise. More features on the lower models - EX used to rate higher. Bring back badging on the back (LX, EX etc...)