Used 2010 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews - 46 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Glad I bought it
By b seng

2010 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We were just saying how good our luck has been with this car. Bought certified pre-owned in 2014, hasn't had to go back to the dealer. Bought the usual wear items: 2 tires, wiper blades, and a battery. Turns out it is a California car, so needs a different battery. That might explain the mediocre accelleration. Reliability was our priority, and we got it. Leather, sunroof are bonus. I like the way it looks, too!

Like most Honda's
By Orville Morris

2010 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Honda Envy
By Marci Ko

2010 Honda Accord Coupe LX-S 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Keep hearing radio ads for Honda where they talk about Honda Envy. I have Honda envy when I see people driving Toyota or Mazdas. My brakes went way before any car I have owned in 36 years of driving. I have to add oil every 1500-1800 miles. The dealer is telling me going down less than a qt per 1000 miles is industry standard! Be warned.

Great car - avoid it anyway
By welltraveled

2010 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car used with 35,000 miles on it; the car burned a quart of oil in 1,000 miles consistently. Check engine light came on and the car began running rough on a long trip; stopped into a Honda dealership who told us that there was a class action lawsuit over this car, and Honda extended the warranty for this issue to 8 years / unlimited mileage. The piston rings fail and oil enters the engine. This fouls the spark plugs, and the engine fails. Remedy was to rebuild the engine with new rings, gaskets, etc. - four days worth of work. No guarantee that the issue won't recur, so I would avoid this car. This is my second Accord and third Honda / Acura. Disappointing.

The car is comfortable and is REALLY fast. It has great gas mileage on long trips, and the controls are easy to get to and very readable. Seating is comfortable - front and back - and the trunk is spacious. Handling is great.

As an audiophile, the high - end stereo is terrible. However the biggest issue is the engine and the oil consumption.

Check Engine Light and Repair costs
By capitals1

2010 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Since this summer, my 2010 V6 Honda Accord has been in the shop for well over 2 weeks. The check engine light comes on and after reading of others' experiences, I just drive it to the dealership before it lets me sit. We have spent a minimum of $700 for each repair. Very disappointed and will not buy a Honda again because I purchased it for reliability and going the distance. My old Dodge gave me 250,000 reliable miles and this car starting having issues a little before I hit 100,000 miles.

Service department needs to recognize that something is wrong that they are not catching when the check engine light comes on 4 times in 3 months with expensive repairs every time.