Used 2010 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 205 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Great car - avoid it anyway
By welltraveled

2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car used with 35,000 miles on it; the car burned a quart of oil in 1,000 miles consistently. Check engine light came on and the car began running rough on a long trip; stopped into a Honda dealership who told us that there was a class action lawsuit over this car, and Honda extended the warranty for this issue to 8 years / unlimited mileage. The piston rings fail and oil enters the engine. This fouls the spark plugs, and the engine fails. Remedy was to rebuild the engine with new rings, gaskets, etc. - four days worth of work. No guarantee that the issue won't recur, so I would avoid this car. This is my second Accord and third Honda / Acura. Disappointing.

The car is comfortable and is REALLY fast. It has great gas mileage on long trips, and the controls are easy to get to and very readable. Seating is comfortable - front and back - and the trunk is spacious. Handling is great.

As an audiophile, the high - end stereo is terrible. However the biggest issue is the engine and the oil consumption.

Check Engine Light and Repair costs
By capitals1

2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Since this summer, my 2010 V6 Honda Accord has been in the shop for well over 2 weeks. The check engine light comes on and after reading of others' experiences, I just drive it to the dealership before it lets me sit. We have spent a minimum of $700 for each repair. Very disappointed and will not buy a Honda again because I purchased it for reliability and going the distance. My old Dodge gave me 250,000 reliable miles and this car starting having issues a little before I hit 100,000 miles.

Service department needs to recognize that something is wrong that they are not catching when the check engine light comes on 4 times in 3 months with expensive repairs every time.

Still love it!
By whitegloves

2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought 7/2010 for mechanical reliability, that's what I've gotten so far. Not a single problem there, not even a funny noise. Snappy, responsive engine; handles firm and tight. Good visibility compared to others in category. Great family car, roomy backseat/huge trunk. Fantastic sound system but totally unusable at freeway speeds due to Honda's legendary high level of road noise transmission. Also don't like: headlights weak in intensity and range; seat comfort = meh; no fuel economy data readout; headrests from hell (but other brands worse); steering-wheel wrap turning color ever so slightly, developing a dark purplish cast to the original charcoal -- but only I can see it apparently. UPDATE March 2016: Outside transmission switch went out at 40,000 miles, which I regard as way too soon for transmission trouble of any kind. Overall the car performs and handles just as it did when I drove it off the lot. Almost six years into owning it, the negatives I still grumble about are the very dim headlights (were dim when new) and very loud road noise when I drive on certain types of pavement -- far worse than my other vehicle (a base-model pickup).

not as reliable as expected
By jmsms

2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

at 45000 miles began having popping and crunching sounds from the front end especially in hot weather and at 48k took it in to get looked at and was told that the front end ball joints were bad and also that the rear brakes were gone and rotors needed resurfacing.
Now reading about Hondas and ball joint failures on the web, but this seems awfully premature.
I have not had ball joint issues like this even in cars that I have kept over 100k(no previous Hondas).
Some of these failures can be catastrophic.
I had thought to keep this car and give it to one of my kids to take to college but now I am not so sure.
Apparently a design flaw from what I have been reading.

V6 nice, smooth, good power. Like the way it drives. seems to have pretty good build quality for what I paid for the vehicle.

issue with brakes, suspension as stated. interior dome lights have issues of reliability as well and are difficult to service/replace bulbs.

Poor Gas Mileage and Oil consumption
By slazar77

2010 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have a 2010 Accord V6, and i get anywhere between 14.5 - 15.5 mph. I drive in the city, do not accelerate fast, and only use Shell oil (87, sometimes 89). Tire pressure is always checked.

Also, i do burn about 3/4-1 quart of oil about 1,000 miles. The dealership tells me that burning 1 quart of oil between 1,000 and 1,500 miles falls within Honda's guidelines. (Maybe they just changed the guidelines?? No other car seems to have this issue)

Anybody experienced same issues. Anybody brought their car to the dealer for an "oil consumption test"?

Beware buying this vehicle. It's an awesome car. But if i knew i would get an average of 15 mph, i wouldn't bought something else.