Used 2010 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 206 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Nice car, but consumes oil
By slc

2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had Honda Accord EX 4cyl 1998 for 12 years. It was a great car. I put 182000 miles on it. The car started to show some signs of wear and tear, but it never consumed/burn any oil. But it was time for update. Because my positive experience with my old Honda I just decided to go with new Honda Accord EX V6, I read positive reviews on Edmunds site and purchased one. Well I am very disappointed in the quality Honda delivered in this car. Engine consumes/burns oil. It consumes about 1 qt of oil every 4000 miles. Just to give you an idea 1 qt it is when oil is below lowest mark on orange dipstick. It looks like I am not alone, a lot of people who have Accords 2008, 2009, 2010 seeing this problem.

VCM, Bluetooth, Homelink, tire pressure monitor.

1. Most important, admit and fix oil consumption/burn issues in the V6 iVTEC VCM engines. 2. Make front seats more comfortable, add some more padding to them. 3. Make telescopic part of steering wheel retract more towards the seat.

Honda Accord impressions to date
By Greg Rasa

2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Traded a 2003 Accord for a 2010. An Accord is a great balance of things: Great horsepower, yet excellent fuel economy. (New car is getting 22 mpg in town, and it looks like it will get 30 on the highway. On several occasions, I got 34 mpg from my 2003 V-6.) Interior that's nice enough. Exterior that looks good, at least from most angles. Bulletproof reliability. And a big car that is roomy enough in front/back/trunk, but still handles nimbly. Plus, the navigation with voice commands that is one of the best in the business. All of this for $28K out the door. You simply can't beat it, not for the price.

Handling. Butter-smooth acceleration. Visibility. Interior room. Fuel economy. Nav and voice commands. Again, the car is a great balance of things.

Road noise -- why won't Honda get this right? Why must I choose between quiet and boring (Camry) or noisy and engaged? Standard EX V-6 wheels are u-g-l-y. Car is attractive from front and side, ugly from behind. A trunk deck more like Mazda6 would solve it. Manu-matic. Everyone has it but Honda.

Accords Just Keep Getting Better
By Accords For Steve

2010 Honda Accord EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My 2010 Accord EXL coupe is my 2nd Accord. My previous one was a 2002 4 dr which I owned for nearly 9 years. It was the best car I have ever had so I stayed with Honda. This time I wanted something sportier so I bought the coupe. I now have 5,000 miles on it and have yet to have a single issue. I love it. It's fast for a 4 cyl (190 HP)and handles well. If you want to purchase any new car do it on- line using the Edmunds website. I received six different quotes within 24 hours. My local dealer, who I wanted to buy from, matched the lowest quote. I saved over $1,000 by using this simple on-line method. It was the easiest car purchase I have ever had.

Leather seats (my first car with leather). XM radio, 17' Alloys. Traction Control, Blue-Tooth enabled. No needed servicing for 100,000 miles

This car has more road noise than I'd like - probably due to the wider tires. Even the 4 Cyl should have dual exhaust like the Altimas have. That's it.

Could be better
By Mike_D

2010 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Love my Accord. I traded in my 07 Civic to this package. Bluetooth freezes up sometimes, I get the rattle from the AC Fan, the driver seat really is uncomfortable, and the idle is rough sometimes. Had my brakes replaced at 5k miles, they were off for some reason. The car is amazing though. I have to say the performance has improved since I first bought last year. Wish I would've waited for the 2011 because they did fix a lot of the issues I have now. Amazing car. Road noise is loud but I plan to put continentals on when these tires are ready for replacing. Got mine for $23k fully loaded black on black. Absolutely gorgeous and I still get compliments. To me, sort of looks like Malibu. :-(

Bluetooth, heated seats, Key Fob, Sunroof, PWR Seat, Stereo, Auto On/Off Lights, Pinchless windows, Alloy Wheels, Auto dimming mirror, lighted visors

Fix the seats! they're tough. Would love HID headlamps, better stereo (sort of lacking), and mood lighting. I wouldn't mind a Smart Key system either. Update the LCD display and Trip Computer. Wish Honda would offer a Steptronic transmission. D-3 isn't adequate sometimes.

Honda Is The BEST!
By MichelleA

2010 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned all Honda cars. I traded my 2009 Honda Civic for the 2010 Accord. It feels more roomy, comfy, and less engine noise. Got to say I feel safer in the Accord over the Civic. I love driving this car I purchased 3 weeks ago.

moonroof and changing the station and volume from the steering wheel Love it