Used 2010 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 208 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

I'll never buy another Honda
By BJ

2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Problems: A/C poor. GM figured it out 40 yrs ago. Squeak & rattles at shifter/headliner/sunroof/dash. Daytime RL makes speakers "buzz" Tires force balanced, still ng. Water leaks behind both rear door trim pads. Poor hood/fender fit. Poor taillight to body fits. Exhaust misaligned to bumper cover. VERY ROUGH 2 to 1 downshift (Dealer says normal)Poor driver door fit. Hondas are so over-hyped. They have the same problems as other cars, it's just that most people don't notice. Honda builds the same garbage as every other maker in this price range. I can imagine the problems this will have when it has more than 3K.

Steps over road bumps well. Powerful. Decent fuel economy.

Radio. True power passenger seat & seat BACK heater. 6 speed Auto. Dump the VCM(3/4/6 cyl )Better material for rear package tray. Better display for radio/climate control. Better grade of carpet. METAL door handles inside/outside. HONDA incapable of fixing anything UNLESS it has a diagnostic code

Good quality too much cabin noise
By James Brunskill

2010 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We are happy with the quality of the car and the color combinations that are available over previously owned Camry's. A bit more sportier. Very disappointed with road noise in the cabin of the vehicle and squealing brake noise on occasion. Will look back to Camry next time and include a look at Sonata and Ford Fusion before buying.

Overall appearance of vehicle.

Fix the brake and cabin noise.

Not quite the Accord it used to be
By Tom H

2010 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This my 4th, and worst, Accord (I had a 98, 02, and 07). The Accord has never been quiet, but this one seems loud at all speeds, with an ever-present booming sound in the cabin (ANC?). The ride has improved, but it's still quite firm. It handles fine, but the steering feels dull and spongy on-center which is unusual for an Accord. Power from the I4/5AT is mediocre. It's fine at part-throttle, but always feels flat-footed when you push it. The interior is big and well-arranged, with a large, comfy back seat. The front seats are the worst of any Accord yet (the 07 had the best) because the headrest pushes my head forward uncomfortably. Terrible sound system, even my '02 sounded better.

Aux input (2011 adds USB), MP3 CD playback, good mileage (28 MPG in local driving), roomy rear seat, excellent safety features, smooth acceleration, precise steering and good ride-handling compromise for a family sedan, EX's noisy exhaust can be amusing sometimes, but obnoxious most of the time.

Lower road noise and get rid of the booming sound caused by the ANC (Active Noise Cancellation) trying to cover up the overtly loud exhaust on EX models. I4 desperately needs more torque, or less weight to haul around. Needs a 6-speed. Bring back the seats and stereo from the '07.

3rd Accord
By STLAdam

2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Best Accord yet. Low comfort ratings? For who? mini me? This car could not be more comfortable. The deck lid spoiler is a must to complete the rear. Voice commands, navi and many other geeked out toys on this bad boy are better than what my BMW friends have. Some say too many buttons...I say give me more! It's 2010 more buttons are coming anyway. Very classy car.

The deck lid spoiler is a must to complete the rear.

2010 Honda Accord EX
By Todd

2010 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

As is my want, I did a lot of research prior to purchasing my new Honda Accord. I was somewhat concerned about some of the reviews on this site (and others) dealing with road noise, seat comfort, and premature brake ware. To date I have put 11K miles on the car. I have used the car for a couple of longer (6 to 8 hour) trips, and can say that I found the seat to be comfortable (I am 6' tall, 230 lbs.). Nor has the road noise been bothersome to me. Regarding the brakes, no problems so far. I like the Accord, and though only a four cylinder, it seems to have plenty of acceleration for me and is a pleasure to drive. Nice car, overall.

Gas mileage (averaging 39 mpg +-) Reliability (maybe too early to say) Fit and Finish is good