Used 2009 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda Accord Coupe

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Looks good AND...
By KC

2009 Honda Accord Coupe LX-S 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I drive it to work mostly, and it turns heads, being very exotic and unique without many Accord Coupes on the road. I don't mind the seats at all, as I don't plan on falling asleep in my car. Very roomy interior, the control is no comparison to my old vehicle. Only downside is the vehicle is quite heavy in bulk, and it does take some power to go up hills. But that has always been an issue with fuel economic cars. Power vs. fuel consumption. The car just looks really nice, and its drivable for someone young and car loving like me.

The interior buttons are my favorite; Many options for climate control and I love options. Does not sacrifice power for fuel efficiency. I'm 5'3 and the seat adjustments are fine for me, as I like to sit further back from the steering and still see fine.

More buttons. Also I wished the car were a bit smaller. Its actually a bit wider than the sedan, although shorter. The body could still be shorter in length, as the rear protrudes a little. (That's ok since I find it a bit sexy that way.)

Shouldn't need to "get used" to seats
By dbdc22

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The seats (EX-L coupe) are simply awful for both me and my passenger. I get back pain, and my passenger gets neck pain from the head restraint. None of this was apparent on the test drive. Takes about 45 mins. or an hour to kick in. I have never had this experience in over 35 years of car ownership! Also don't like rear visibility. Can't see objects in rear quarter, and hard to tell where the rear bumper is in parking. Finally, low end torque with 190 Hp is still sub-par. On paper (and test drive) this is a fine car. Have owned two other Honda's with no problems. Unfortunately I let that sway my purchase. Am considering trading in for something else, with only 1100 miles.

Steering wheel grip, interior fit and finish, external appearance.

Totally new seats, more low end torque, more road feel with steering, make the car about 10% lighter/smaller.

Overall Good Buy!!
By SAVLIS

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd Accord coupe. I have owned a 2003 and 2006 4CYL. this time I decided on the 2009 V6. It is definitely fun to drive. I look forward to my daily commute. The V6 is powerful and responds immediately, especially if you drive it in D3. The one major complaint I have is the road noise. It seems inherent in all the coupes. Don't know if it is a problem in Sedans. HONDA... please do something about the road and wind noise.

V6, Suspension, Smooth Automatic Transmission, ECO gas saving feature and VSA

Insulate the passenger cabin from all the road noise. Reduce the amount of buttons in the center console.

Great bang for the Buck
By MJ

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my Honda for 8months now and thought I would relay my remarks. I currently have 10.5k miles. Now I'm a pretty picky man and take attention to detail. The Honda took my expectations above and beyond. Nothing broke or had I had a problem with. It did well in the Chicago winter with heated mirrors and the defrosters are placed well. I love this car. I am getting paint chips but I do ride on the Highways mostly. For those that complain about road noise get better/bigger tires - I hear no noise with the stock 18' low profile tires. Those that complain about the seat, well I never have a problem, perhaps my model has a better seat. Great car - I expected to ride this into the ground at 200k+.

Aux jack hidden in glove dept, garage link opener, heated everything, performance on the V6 (don't complain if your car is slow when you drive a 4 banger), ride quality, head room is more than a denali, back seat is as big as a two door car (I have a coupe), trunk space is big for a coupe, LOVE IT!

Audio not powerful/loud enough for the highest end model. Seating belt noise is annoying (I should wear it). I get 23 MPG and I drive mostly highway, I thought it would be higher. I drive normal but I still use premium. No need for an XM button because XM stinks! No washer fluid indicator... weird?

It looks good, but that's it
By abray006

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car back in March and got a heck of a deal, but I have been very disappointed by the quality, noise, and most of all the VCM technology. This car looks awesome from the outside and has decent interior, but Honda needs to go back to a simple engine and have a 6 speed automatic for fuel economy. The VCM is constantly hunting and car jerks when its coming to a stop. The automatic transmission can't keep up with a sporty drive and the handling is to tight for my taste. I was sold on looks and should have gotten into a more solid all around car.

Exterior Style

Get rid of the VCM. Use more metal and not plastic. Give the 2 door some special sport tuner transmission such as a Subaru. Add a keyless on button. This car needs more technology to keep up with Nissan and Toyota. Costs to much for what you get.