Used 2009 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 307 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Door lock actuators
By denisehamdi

2009 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2009 Honda Accord used with approx 18,000 miles on it. I love it!!
The only issue I have is that I have had to replace the 2 door lock actuators on the driver's side. Now the back passenger actuator is going. I'm going to wait until the front passenger actuator goes so I can replace them at the same time. It seems that's an issue of the part. Otherwise LOVE my Honda!!!

Manual drive, sunroof, stereo

Locked inside car once security system engages
By dmc812

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have a complaint with the security system Honda uses.
I have been inadvertently locked inside my 09 Accord and unable to get out.
Apparently, once the anti-theft system engages after 30 seconds, there is no way to manually unlock the car doors nor will using the key fob "unlock" button work from the inside of the car.
The car can only be unlocked from someone on the outside or by starting the engine, which disengages the security system.
I find this to be a huge safety issue for people that are inside the car and are accidentally locked inside w/o a key to start the engine. I have complained to Honda with no resolution to this safety concern.

Fix the security system so that people on the inside of the locked car can manually unlock the car to get out. Make it clear in the owner's manual that once the security system engages, you cannot unlock the car from the inside unless you start the engine or have someone on the outside unlock it. Never, ever enter your car without your key!!!! It is frightening to think a child (without adult supervision) could lock themselves in the car and not be able to get out.

Not a bad car but not a great car
By jbaby79

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought it used with about 38K on it and it has 76K on the it now. I drive roughly 19K a year and have had no major issues. Got the rear brakes taken care of with the Honda settlement. It gets me from point A to B just fine.

The interior is just ok. Seats are not comfortable for long drives and the driver side showing signs of wear. There is a lot of road noise and the car ride is a little floaty. There a are a few rattles.

I replaced the stock wheels with the V6 Accord rims which improved handling a bit (wider rim size). Also will put on TSX sway bar.

VCM can get annoying at times but that's how it gets the better gas mileage.

Navigation system

Make the VCM an option on the V6 sedan. Offer a sports package on the V6 sedan as well.

Ain't an Aston Martin but it's Pretty Darn A-Okay
By slimm1470

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

These reviews kill me. People gripe about stuff they should have noticed on the test drive. They obviously didn't do their due diligence and now they're pissed at themselves for buying a car that doesn't please them. Well, duh.
I bought this one with 48k miles, now it's at 70k. It's been great! Yes, it has road noise and yes, a bit of body roll. I knew that going in. The steering and front end are excellent. The engine (V6) and transmission are strong and very fast. It's been reliable with no complaints. I drive it a bit hard so the fuel mileage averages 24 city & highway. On a long trip it's comfortable and quick.
If you find one properly serviced, drive it first, then buy the sucker!

Steering and front end Engine, transmission Good leather Comfortable seats Reliability and Build Quality

Reduce road noise and body roll

Quality, Quality, Reliability
By jarred

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It is true that most people who write reviews are the ones with problems, and they want/need to vent. Happy customers just enjoy their purchases. But still, reading some of the low reviews here makes you wonder: are those people for real?

In my experience Honda is nothing but quality, quality and reliability. My wife and I bought our 2009 EX-L V6 accord with 44000 miles on it. The car drove like new from the dealer, and
drives beautifully now, almost a year later. Everything works perfect, the doors close with a nice thud, the engine is smooth like butter. Steering is sooo precise, every switch and control operates with assurance. Seats are comfortable and we have no problem with brakes.

The engine is powerful, quiet and very smooth. 90% of the time I don't need to go above 2000 RPM to keep up with traffic. It nicely switches between 6 and 3 cylinders to save gas.

The only thing I wish for would be less road noise. The engine is nice and quiet, it's the tires on highway driving that could be quieter, in the city it's fine. Also I found the steering wheel a little bit "too hard", so I put a soft cover on it, with a more rubbery grip.