Used 2009 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda Accord Coupe

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Traded In After Numerous Problems
By NYHonda_owner

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Having owned many Hondas before, I was excited when I first bought this car. However, it soon developed problems with paint chipping from the tail light area, rear brake squeal and premature pad wear, and a clicking noise that first was fixed by having the steering column dismantled, and then completely replaced. However the worst was the front seats. It became extremely painful to drive for more then 20 mins in them. The dealer was aware of the problem but there was no fix. I ended up trading this in for a 2006 Honda CR-V SE, which ironically is much more comfortable, problem free, and gets the same gas mileage, despite the fact that it's older. Overall, I can't recommend this car to anyone.

Outside styling, sporty looking.

Fix the steering column design, brake pad material, use better quality control in fit/finish. Fuel economy was disappointing. And redesign the front seats. A web search on "uncomfortable seats 2008-09 Accord coupe" indicate this is a widespread problem in these cars.

Not so great!
By cel5000

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded my Lexus 06 IS250 for this based on Honda's reputation and the fact that my wife's 04 Accord has been a great car. I was initially impressed with the styling which led to the test drive. Power is impressive and the ride is harsh but the payoff is in the handling. I just turned 14K and have noticed a slight brake shimmy at highway speeds so there may be something to all the complaints logged here. I also have the "bumpy" feel to the driver seat when adjusting forward or back. My dealer told me that Honda is working on a solution for this - we'll see. Overall it's a good car that is reliable but, in my option, not as great as it's predecessor.

Exterior styling, ample interior space and large trunk. Handling. Power. Fuel economy. MP3 jack.

Road noise, Brakes, bumpy seat tracks. Does Honda ever read this stuff? Hey - FIX IT! At least offer HID if you don't want to include it on the fully optioned vehicles. Same goes for keyless ignition and tiptronic shifting. The "premium" sound system is anything but. Going for G37 coupe next round.

I was very dissapointed
By jiri

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second Honda accord with manual transmission. First was 2000 4 cyl. No problems at all with this car. After I bought new accord I had to replace brakes at 4k because of a noise, by the way the noise is still there at 16,000 I had to replace rear brake pads what is not ok. Since I bought this car I was few time at the dealership because of my manual transmission respectively 3rd gear. I was there three times, transmission wasn't fixed. There was more minor problems with door latch, handles, with speakers. I am very disappointed. I made about 7 trips to the dealership since I bought this car!

steering wheel features, heated seats,

They've got a lot to improve.

Last 2009 Honda Coupe out there
By al

2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Got the last 2009 Honda EX-L 4cyl Coupe available, but discount was a little over 5700 so could either have high mileage 2010 with much small discount or very low 2009 and 09 made sense to me. Love this car, traded in 2008 EX-L 4dr and this car is very different in a very good way for me. I like handling, styling and gas mileage with another 4 cyl. Performance is fine if I had the 6cyl my mileage would be terrible-too-tempting. Getting 25 with 60/40city driving with very few miles on car. Have gotten used to just putting stuff in trunk since have only two doors to open now.

Handling is actually a bit more sporty for lack of better word than 4 dr. I traded in. Like the styling and looks, the controls for everything I am very used to as inside is much same as prior car. My 4dr would get almost 33 on non stop Interstate trips so looking to be close that when I make those

None this car is great.

Honda = poor engineering
By Anjillian

2009 Honda Accord Coupe LX-S 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love the aesthetics of this car & it was the main push for the purchase. Big mistake for not doing research on Accord problems because my brakes are worn down & stuck with a $200 bill to replace them. Seriously Honda?! Not even 9000 miles & this is normal? Honda has been very disappointing, and I would still buy Toyota with the recall over this piece of junk scamming their customer's money.

Brakes!!!