Used 2009 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 390 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Big Mistake
By sabs636

2009 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I fell in love with the new design. It looks great and drives well. I purchased the 4-door EX-L model in a manual transmission. I did a large amount of research before purchasing this car and found that it was really the best car for the price. All of this to say, I am extremely disappointed in my vehicle purchase. Apparently I should have done some more research. The squealing brakes after less than 5000 kms are completely unacceptable. I would never recommend purchasing the 08/09 models to anyone. Honda has disappointed so many people by creating, marketing and selling such a product. Do not buy this vehicle until Honda decides to issue a recall & fix this problem.

- Exterior and interior looks - Wide variety of features - Manual transmission available - Interior room

The rear brake pads wear far too quickly. Less than 5000 kms and the brakes are squealing like crazy. Honda is aware of the issue (although they claim it's regular wear and tear), but are not doing anything to resolve the issue.

Ok car
By Jambu

2009 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car in a good deal. This is my first Honda. The fuel economy is pretty good. I got over 31 miles in my first few trips (mixed driving in city roads and highways). This car has manual driver seat adjustments. It took a while to adjust the position of seat to get a comfortable posture. The ride is bumpier in bumpy roads. There is lots of road noise in cement roads. The 99 Camry that I owned previously had good suspension and less road noise. The sound quality of the music player is mediocre especially for mp3 songs. I liked the style and it is fun to drive.

Fuel economy, Steering

Road noise reduction, suspension and mp3 player sound quality.

Still on the fence
By Gary

2009 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have 3 Honda's - although this one looks great - couple of things: road noise (so loud yesterday that I couldn't hear my son on cell) - I know that road surface plays into it, but... really. Brakes squeal, seats are ok - but being short it is hard for me to find the optimal position for steering wheel without it blocking out speedo. Also, passenger airbag light comes on intermittently and some engine lights too. Keep thinking about that Bimmer... will give this a few more months.

Looks nice.

All above - plus blind spots.

Poor Build Quality 2009
By Jonboy6

2009 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Brakes squeak from day one, transmission makes shredding, tearing noises when putting in reverse and then drive, headrest forces your head forward, when full gas tank sounds like a swimming pool sloshing around and already had a safety recall for poor build quality with "noises" coming from the back of the car. Road noise is horrible on certain roads. You still want to risk buying this car?? My last Honda ever!

The style and looks of the car are very nice. Handles well with decent acceleration.

Improve suspension, build quality. Road noise is awful and front driver seat needs improvements. Build quality is very subpar. Improve Honda Customer Service its way too arrogant. Transmission is subpar and way too noisy. Brakes are dreadfully noisy. Did I mention the awful build quality???

Great car
By jimmy de

2009 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've owned Hondas for the past 12 years and this car is as nice as any I've had. Performance of the 4cyl. engine seems a bit weaker than my past 2 Accords but is by no means a dog. Complaints about the seats being uncomfortable don't factor into my opinion at all. I find them very comfortable especially for long trips across Texas. I find them a bit low for exit, but not a problem at all when I'm in the car. I drive in the El Paso area quite a bit and as far as fuel economy is concerned, I get almost 28 mpg on every tank of gas. This car is a keeper and I'll continue to buy Hondas in the future.

Both interior and exterior design are exceptional. This car says first class from bumper to bumper. Fuel Economy has been far better than expected. In 4 months of ownership I've averaged almost 28 MPG.

Getting out of the car takes a bit of work. I am a tall person so the seat must be very low which means I'm sitting pretty close to the ground when it's time to exit.