Used 2009 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 384 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Would not buy again
By pissed

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After 18000 miles I had to have new back breaks put on. The leather is fading inside already - car is garage kept. Noise is really is ridiculous. Got 21k on it now and would trade it in if I could and get something else. Should have just saved my money and got the 4cylinder instead.

the power in the 6cl is great, seats are comfortable, great a/c

The coin holder is very hard to get into, road noise is very, very bad, they can put MPG display in the civics for 20grand, but cannot in a 30k car. Unbelievable.

Early problem with rear brakes
By Asif

2009 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned Accord for close to 2 years now and it runs beautifully and I am very happy with my purchase. But there are 2 things, I would like to bring to other buyers notice. First, when it had about 20,000 miles, there was a cranky noise when you start it cold. Took to dealer and they changed the alternator for free. The other issue was noise from rear brakes and I had to finally replace them, with my own money. Feel it was too early for brakes to wear out and make noises (I am not an adventurous driver).

Fix the brakes and alternator problem.

Great Car
By CBS

2009 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Love the larger size of the car. Took a 600 mi road trip last weekend and got 33 mpg. Good power for the engine. Seats are comfortable and the ride is great.

Leather seats and stereo.

Homelink without having to buy the V-6.

A disappointing purchase
By violin8

2009 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the 2009 as my 5th Honda accord, and couldn't be sorrier. My previous ones were excellent, so I didn't pay as much attention as I should have to this model. After 40 min. the seat is so uncomfortable, I have to get out and give myself a break. It feels like concrete inside it. The road noise on trips is unbelievable. I really miss my 2003 accord and regret trading up to this model.

the color

Lack of seat comfort, loud road noise, and a general feeling that Honda has really compromised its integrity and high quality it has always been known for.

Big Mistake
By sabs636

2009 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I fell in love with the new design. It looks great and drives well. I purchased the 4-door EX-L model in a manual transmission. I did a large amount of research before purchasing this car and found that it was really the best car for the price. All of this to say, I am extremely disappointed in my vehicle purchase. Apparently I should have done some more research. The squealing brakes after less than 5000 kms are completely unacceptable. I would never recommend purchasing the 08/09 models to anyone. Honda has disappointed so many people by creating, marketing and selling such a product. Do not buy this vehicle until Honda decides to issue a recall & fix this problem.

- Exterior and interior looks - Wide variety of features - Manual transmission available - Interior room

The rear brake pads wear far too quickly. Less than 5000 kms and the brakes are squealing like crazy. Honda is aware of the issue (although they claim it's regular wear and tear), but are not doing anything to resolve the issue.