Used 2009 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 307 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Overall a Great Car
By Jack

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very good power, great gas mileage, and typical high quality Honda I've heard so much about. The only major downside to the car is the above average amount of road noise that you hear on the highway. Around town road noise is not an issue. This is our first Honda and will probably not be our last. This Accord is equal or better in some areas than our Lexus ES which we love and was almost $10k less. I now understand why Honda sells so many Accords. I find it far better than the Malibu, Fusion, Passat, and Altima all of which I've had for long-term rentals for business. I can't say enough about how great the dealer service is.

Leather seats are super comfortable. XM radio is integrated into the head unit very well. Rear seat comfort and leg room are outstanding. Dealer service is equal to our Lexus which is outstanding.

Too much road noise on the highway for my liking. Front brakes did squeak but dealer promptly replaced with new set (and detailed car) and since then the brakes have been perfect.

Absolutely, best value for the dollar
By Cecil Ingram

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My Honda accord drives like a sports car, has great positive steering, not the mushy feeling like Nissan or Toyota. Love the exterior design, even Mercedes has copied it. I'm 6,2" and enjoy the leg room. The seats are great, reminds me of the 911-s I used to own. The interior also has the full size feeling (the Altima and Camry were definitely mid-size). Gas mileage is very satisfactory, getting about 23 1/2 mph town-33 mph hiway.

The 09 Accord is a quality auto. Honda has again kept its simplicity, superior quality, and affordability. My favorite feature is the turbo charged four cylinder chain driven engine, it responds almost like the v-6, plus the v-6 engine is belt driven- the four cylinder chain driven is far superior.

The thing I miss most is a power passenger seat. This would make it about perfect, power passenger seat is not standard on the EXL-4 cyl. Accord.

The Bigger Honda Accord
By Terri

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I upgraded from a 1999 V6 Accord. The bigger body style does not fit my frame. The window starts too high for you to rest your arm, there is little room for your fingers when you adjust the rear view mirror, console too far right, seat not all that comfortable, too long of a reach to the steering wheel (my shoulders get tired when driving long distances). The sporty feel of driving the car is gone. It handles great, performs great but the inside now feels like a grandpa car. I didn't test drive it enough to notice it at first. I miss the feel of the old car. Bummer. And, they limit how loud the stereo will go! That amazed me.

Great smooth pick and speed. Good cornering. Auto up/down on front windows. Auto open/close on sunroof. Hold remote to open and all windows and sunroof open to let out the heat...love that one!

More snug of a fit for the driver. Makes the car feel more sporty and more fun to drive.

Great Car
By Bostonlawyer

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After agonizing over Avalon, Lincoln MKS, Camry, Taurus, Fusion, and starting my search determined to buy American, I arrived at the conclusion that this was the most car built by American workers on the market. The ride is just a step below the Acura TL, the gas economy for a v6 is wonderful, especially balanced against the power and acceleration the engine provides. The only bad thing I can say about the seats is that they are not quite as supportive as those in the Acura TL. Let me tell you, if you want the same equipment in a Taurus or an Avalon or Lincoln you will need another $7,000.00 so do yourself a favor and put the extra money in your pocket and seriously consider this car.

navi, eco engine feature, gas economy and back seat room

Offer Acura TL driver seat as a top- end option with EX-L.

Excellent Car
By Car Buyer

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car a couple weeks ago and I must say it is a fabulous car. I did a lot of research before buying this car and I really wanted a safe car because this is my first car. I was looking at this and the Camry and this car by far drove a lot better than the 4 cylinder Camry. It drives just as well as a 6 cylinder. The interior of the car is extremely classy looking and superb. Everything I've ever wanted in a car and more. True luxury car for a non-luxury car price. This car has pretty much everything! It's such a joy to drive. =)

I love all the little features like the cord holding onto the gas cap, ipod plug in, and how it has the name of the songs playing. The dual air conditioning is also nice.

The head cushion is uncomfortable and the gas mileage isn't as good as I was expecting. Exterior design of the car could also be improved.