Used 2009 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 307 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

A superb quality car
By Scott

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My wife absolutely loves her Accord. It's our first Honda car (although we've owned Honda powersports equipment) and we couldn't be more pleased. Purchased at 35,000 miles on the clock and 41,000 miles later, all we've done are oil changes, a new battery, new tires and brakes. The only issue that we were somewhat disappointed in was having to replace the rear brakes at 50,000...and it just wasn't the pads. We had to replace calipers, rotors AND pads. But, some of that could be attributed to the cold, snowy climate that we live in (Northern NY). Other than that, the car has been a joy to own. Surprisingly decent power is supplied by the 2.4L 190 HP 4 cylinder engine and the 5-speed manual transmission. The 5-speed shifts smoothly and is a blast to run through the gears. Inside, the car is very comfortable and the 8-way power seats are wonderful. It's very good in snow IF you run snow tires on it, especially with the 5-speed and front wheel drive. Great sound system with the multi-CD changer & 6 speaker setup. Air conditioning works great as well---you have to wear a jacket if you have it on. The Accord is a very high-quality vehicle, and we would recommend it to anyone. My wife will be back for another one...if I can ever get her to part with this one.

2009 OIL DRINKER W/LOUD NOISE
By Tammy

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My elderly parents bought this car without asking their daughters opinions. We would NEVER have suggested such a purchase with this piece of crap. They traded, well got robbed, of their Cadillac CTS and paid cash for Honda and it's been nothing but a money pit and a pin in their and my whole family's life. We were wanting something they could keep for rest of their life but holy geez that won't happen. I bought a Mercedes and it's simply the best vehicle I've ever owned and will ever own. I'm hoping to get this heep fixed and passed on to a mechanic that can constantly work on and put oil in it weekly!! I don't know where the oil is going but I know this is the biggest piece of CRAP EVER MADE. HONDA NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING FOR THE PEOPLE THAT OWNS ONE. Seriously a horse and carriage would be more comfortable and less of a pain [non-permissible content removed] and cheaper to run than this heep. They hate their self more everyday it seems and they shouldn't be worried about anything at their ages. They are in their 80's and just need a safe reliable car. That's it. DONT BUY A HONDA EVER!! Please listen to all these posts. We all CANT BE wrong.

Reliable? No
By Martha Lamb

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 09 Honda Accord sedan because I wanted reliability, and I was willing to pay more up front to avoid the repairs that one expects from less reliable American made cars. When I bought my dealer certified Accord, it had 65000 miles and now it has 165000. During the time I've owned it I have had to replace the rear brakes, the drivers side window control, the entire air conditioning system, and now, the rack and pinion steering. I am bitterly disappointed with this cat and will NOT purchase another Honda.

Our 4th and last Accord Coupe, and our last Honda
By bass56

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have owned 4 Accord Coupe's starting in 1999. All purchased new and each new model has been progressively worse, in quiet , comfort and reliability. I am fastidious about car maintenance and the detail of maintenance of this Accord has been excellent. The car is noisey and has rattles . The braking system has been nothing short of unreliable. All brakes and rotors have been replaced 2x and now it appears as if we must replace a brake caliper... it is locking up on us after short trips. We have also replaced wheel bearings and have had an on going oil problem. This oil problem is related to the same issues that prompted the class action suit. We have now purchased a new Accord EX-L 4 door with Honda Safety Suite. We are driving this one much less. We have owned it since July and as of December 15 , have only 3200 miles on it. Let us hope we are much more satisfied with this Accord.

2009 Accord EX-L 5M
By jodar96

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car since Oct 2011 and 37K miles. It just turned 60K. It has been a great car with no issues. I do mostly highway driving with 35mpg as my best. Driving position is excellent. The seat comfort is not the best although the leather has less lower back seat bulge than cloth seat. Road/tire noise is excessive. For now, I blame it on original Michelin tires until I replace them in the next few months. I also bought a 2009 Mercedes E350 RWD with Sport/AMG package last summer. Driving these two cars back to back, Accord feels thin with high road noise. The E350 feels solid, smooth, and quiet. If I am pressed to keep one,I will keep the Accord for its simplicity and reliability.

Driving Position. Feel of its leather steering wheel, Low cost and ease of maintenance. Excellent heater/AC. great sound system. build quality. Excellent gas mileage. Resale and reliability.

Uncomfortable lower seat back that pushes against the lower back. Road noise. Power steering pump whine that cost $500 to fix. Outside temp display should be a constant display instead of pushing the trip odometer multiple times to see it.