Used 2009 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 307 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Great Car
By CBS

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Love the larger size of the car. Took a 600 mi road trip last weekend and got 33 mpg. Good power for the engine. Seats are comfortable and the ride is great.

Leather seats and stereo.

Homelink without having to buy the V-6.

A disappointing purchase
By violin8

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the 2009 as my 5th Honda accord, and couldn't be sorrier. My previous ones were excellent, so I didn't pay as much attention as I should have to this model. After 40 min. the seat is so uncomfortable, I have to get out and give myself a break. It feels like concrete inside it. The road noise on trips is unbelievable. I really miss my 2003 accord and regret trading up to this model.

the color

Lack of seat comfort, loud road noise, and a general feeling that Honda has really compromised its integrity and high quality it has always been known for.

Big Mistake
By sabs636

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I fell in love with the new design. It looks great and drives well. I purchased the 4-door EX-L model in a manual transmission. I did a large amount of research before purchasing this car and found that it was really the best car for the price. All of this to say, I am extremely disappointed in my vehicle purchase. Apparently I should have done some more research. The squealing brakes after less than 5000 kms are completely unacceptable. I would never recommend purchasing the 08/09 models to anyone. Honda has disappointed so many people by creating, marketing and selling such a product. Do not buy this vehicle until Honda decides to issue a recall & fix this problem.

- Exterior and interior looks - Wide variety of features - Manual transmission available - Interior room

The rear brake pads wear far too quickly. Less than 5000 kms and the brakes are squealing like crazy. Honda is aware of the issue (although they claim it's regular wear and tear), but are not doing anything to resolve the issue.

Ok car
By Jambu

2009 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car in a good deal. This is my first Honda. The fuel economy is pretty good. I got over 31 miles in my first few trips (mixed driving in city roads and highways). This car has manual driver seat adjustments. It took a while to adjust the position of seat to get a comfortable posture. The ride is bumpier in bumpy roads. There is lots of road noise in cement roads. The 99 Camry that I owned previously had good suspension and less road noise. The sound quality of the music player is mediocre especially for mp3 songs. I liked the style and it is fun to drive.

Fuel economy, Steering

Road noise reduction, suspension and mp3 player sound quality.

Still on the fence
By Gary

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have 3 Honda's - although this one looks great - couple of things: road noise (so loud yesterday that I couldn't hear my son on cell) - I know that road surface plays into it, but... really. Brakes squeal, seats are ok - but being short it is hard for me to find the optimal position for steering wheel without it blocking out speedo. Also, passenger airbag light comes on intermittently and some engine lights too. Keep thinking about that Bimmer... will give this a few more months.

Looks nice.

All above - plus blind spots.