Used 2009 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 389 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Love my new Honda Accord!
By CB2009

2009 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my new 2009 Honda Accord LX in late December 2009 and couldn't be happier. Even the base model comes very well equipped. I was torn between the Toyota Camry and the Honda Accord and once I drove each vehicle, the Accord won hands down. The interior of the Accord is very similar to the Acura and looks great. I have the 4 cylinder and am pleasantly surprised with the acceleration and handling. Thanks to my new Accord, I don't mind getting stuck in traffic anymore!

Steering wheel mounted audio controls (really love this feature), center console with extra storage, Radio Data System (RDS).

Outside temperature display on the LX model.

Best Coupe Under $40K Available
By PeasterBunny

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I drove the Infinit G35 (great drive, terrible interior), the Altima Coupe (good drive, just not great), the BMW 3 Series (good drive, OVERPRICED) the Mercedes C230 (rides like a Buick), & the Toyota Camry Solara (chunky drive like the Mercedes). None of these cars compare to the Honda Accord V6 Coupe. The only ride I liked better was the G35 but it's a rear wheel drive. And for that price it doesn't come with an ipod hook-up?!?!?! No other car even came close to the Accord as far as value and ride. YOU WILL LOVE IT! But drive the others so you have that, 'ha-ha! I got the best one' feeling. It's lovely.

Power off the line AND at cruise. Maneuverability is pristine. Awesome stereo. A great value if you negotiate well. And last but not least the Belize Blue color (I'm a girl! I have to look pretty!)

Lumbar support should move up/down as well as in/out. Needs the auto-dimming rearview. Ride is slightly stiff. I KNOW! It should be, but I am hoping it softens just a tad after it's broken in. It should so no worries there.

Very Bad Brakes
By AlaninHanover

2009 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Car delivered with a bad vibration in the brakes. dealer replaced front rotors at 1100 miles. Back in at 15000 miles vibration back, dealer turned rear rotors. Customer service has been great all handled under new car warranty. I will not have this car much longer as the brake problems are well documented in this car. How Honda maintains its reputation for reliability is beyond me.

Stereo, steering, roominess, drives great in the snow!

Brakes, reduced road noise

noisy, uncomfortable overpriced ride
By Bill I.

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had the car 8 months. The title tells most of it. The car rides like an empty 2 ton truck with similar comfort. It is so noisy at cruising speed the xm music largely worthless & not worth the money. For $30,000. I feel I've be had. The gas mileage far below ad claims. It's being replaced ASAP

It's quick and the look and style is good.

Don't Believe the Hype...
By gmen86

2009 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Disappointed. Let's start with the good: Attractive design, excellent build quality, almost german-car like. Great handling. Reliability is fine. Now the BAD: Very uncomfortable seats, and driving position. Driver area is very confined and like sitting in a hole. Will never find a satisfying or comfortable position. Car looks good standing alone, but appears small and dinky next to other cars, even compacts. Rear-end design is ugly. 2.4L engine feels slow. Can't pass or merge to save your life. Rough idol, raggedy engine sound. Gas mileage not impressive. Gets 535 miles per tank, where Camry, Malibu, Sonata, get 600 miles/tank. Accord falls short on many fronts.

Small and thick steering wheel, dashboard gauges, handling and braking, reliability, and overall gas mileage.

Many. Read my review.