Used 2009 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 384 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

BAD CAR!!! BAD BRAKES!!!
By CNASH

2009 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I ABSOLUTELY HATE THAT I EVER PURCHASED THIS CAR!!!!!!!!!! HORRIBLE!!! I had brake issues after 5 months. The back brakes needed to be replaced, which is uncommon. Then I had more brake issues on the front two months after that. They dealership checked my brakes and told me that everything was ok, but they're replacing my driveshaft and axles which absolutely makes no since. I will never by another Honda!!!!

It's comfortable.

BRAKE ISSUES!!!!!!!

First car, awesome choice.
By Em

2009 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my Honda for about a year now and I have never had a single problem with it (I'm at about 30,000 miles). It's undeniably the most comfortable car I've ever driven as well. At just under 6' leg room can be an issue, but not with this car. The seats are also very comfortable. I've taken this car on a 10 hour road trip and it was perfectly comfortable. I have had some troubles with slipping/ light hydroplaning but only when going around corners (maybe a bit too fast). Also, this car does not like gravel on paved roads. As a younger person I really like the looks of the car. My friends refer to it as the Batmobile and it does get compliments, which is unusual for a Honda!

Leg room, the seats, the sound system (speed sensitive volume control), steering, but most of all, safety. I bought a Honda in large part because of their reputation for reliability, which they have wholly lived up to thus far.

Fix the center console, it looks like it belongs on a spaceship. Keyless entry would be nice.

Headrests Very Uncomfortable!
By PaulaK

2009 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I'm having the hardest time with these seats. The leather is not soft at all, the seats don't warm up that much, but MOST OF ALL.....the headrests lean tooooo much forward!! I feel so uncomfortable riding in it. I had to pull them all the way up so I could sit back comfortable.

Better Leather seats. Powered Passenger seat. Correct the Headrests!!!!

Major Brake Issues
By Sammy

2009 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My fiance and I purchased an '09 EX 4 Cyl. without navigation in Sept. 2008. The car rides great and is fun to drive. The gas mileage is terrific. Honda has refused to address a major brake issue as of yet. We have already had to spend nearly $200 for new rear brake pads in 16 months. Brake pads should not wear out that quickly. Honda has had many complaints and the web is filled with comments on the issue. Let's hope Honda does the right thing.

Moon roof, seat warmers and leather. Wheels look great!

Fix the rear brake issue and take responsibility for the product.

Accord Gets Better
By Coogs

2009 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The Ride is perfectly balanced not too firm and not too bouncy. The accord is between altima/6 and Camry/Sonata it terms of ride quality. 4 Cylinder pick up is more than adequate in this class. The Paint job is better than domestic cars. Does everything well. The seat is not too firm or rough.

This is a good 4-Cylinder 190-hp (likes to rev) for its class, Muffler sounds good. 17" Wheels with decent tires! Rear seats actually can accommodate 3 adults. Day/Night mirror.

Add an iPod connector, an outside mirror button on the drivers door like on the Pilot, Coin Tray, full size spare tire, lift supports for the 4cyl hood like on the v6, signal mirror lights, fog lights should be standard across Ex Models, & Shiftable auto tranny, how about H.I.D.'s!